Galaxy S4 users can now enjoy the latest Android Nougat experience. Nougat 7.0 is now available for the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 variants via crDroid custom ROM. This ROM brings a lot of customization features and various tweaks to make your phone fast and smooth. Many users have tested this ROM and found it great. If you want to update Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to Android 7.0 crDroid Nougat custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given guide.
Keep in mind that the custom ROM given here is a custom ROM which is not officially released by Samsung. Also, the latest version of a custom recovery should be installed on your Galaxy S4 LTE in order to flash the ROM .zip file and Google Apps package. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your existing data, in case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data.
Android 7.0 crDroid Nougat ROM Details:
Take a look on some of the main features of crDroid custom ROM.
- Volume panel timeout
- Clear recents location
- Heads up customization
- Quick access button on expanded status bar
- Swipe behavior
- Touch outside behavior
- Time out
- Do not disturb
- SlimRoms custom lockscreen shortcuts
- Navbar on/off
- Hardare keys on/off (in devices supported)
- Power menu in navring targets
- SlimPie controls with all working
- Sound panel option om power menu
- Superuser indicator (Notification, Statusbar icon or no indicator)
- Force expanded notifications on expanded statusbar
- Power menu and notifications tiles
- Four tiles per row
- Vibrate on tiles touch
- Disable quick settings on secure lockscreen
- Kill app back button configurable timeout
- Omni-Ambient Display
The crDroid Android 7.0 custom ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505. Check the model number of your Galaxy S4 from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy S4 LTE by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S4 LTE USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Galaxy S4 LTE should be rooted with the latest version of custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your S4 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Galaxy S4 LTE is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Flash Android 7.0 crDroid Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505:
Step No 1:- First, download crDroid 14 Android 7.0 custom ROM (crDroidAndroid-7.0.0-20161015-jfltexx.zip) for Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 on the desktop of the PC.
Step No 2:- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Transfer crDroid Android 7.0 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4:- Unplug the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the crDroid Android 7.0 custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 to the latest crDroid Android 7.0 ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or queries while installing crDroid Android 7.0 custom ROM.