These are the instructions on how to install CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy S6 edge. The official Android Marshmallow updates have been already rolled-out for the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge but if you want to taste more features and tweak your device according to your own wish then custom ROM is the best choice. So if are searching for one of the good Marshmallow custom ROMs for your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge then CRISSCROSS custom firmware is now available for Galaxy S6 edge device.
This ROM is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow so if you want to install it then we have a detailed step-by-step guide on how to update Galaxy S6 edge to CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM that brings some great features such as 5 Way Reboot Menu and Call Recorder and Aroma Installer etc. Many users have tested this CRISSCROSS and reported it fast, stable and offering smooth and lag-free performance. Now go ahead and follow the given instructions.
CRISSCROSS Marshmallow ROM Features:
- Private Mode fix
- Open all toggles in the Quickpanel with swipe from on right side of the screen (without double swipe)
- Next alarm on lockscreen on crisscross statusbars
- Outdoor mode in settings-display
- Set default animation speed of all three values to 0,25
- Touch key duration time (Settings-display-touch key duration time)
- Display scaling options in settings
- Disabled EndCall Screen
- 6 toggles in a row in expanded statusbar view
- All apps multiwindow
- 5 Way reboot menue
- Screenrecord and screenshot to reboot menu
- Rooted with SuperSU v2.71
- Deodex file system
- Busybox V1.24.1 included
- Aroma manager
This guide containing the CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM is working with the Galaxy S6 Edge G925K. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, or your device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S6 Edge G925K during or after the installation of CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom Firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Galaxy S6 Edge is at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download and install proper USB Drivers for the S6 Edge on PC.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper back up of your important data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on S6 Edge from Settings > Developer Options.
- The Galaxy S6 Edge should be rooted with the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
Steps To Install Android 6.0.1 CRISSCROSS Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925K:
Here we have given a step-by-step guide on how to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow based AOKP custom ROM on Galaxy S6 Edge.
1:- First, download the CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 custom ROM (CRISSCROSS ROM GOES MARSHMALLOW V5.3.zip) and Google Apps package from the above links on the desktop of your PC. Do not extract these files.
2:- Now, connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to the PC using its USB data cable.
3:- Move the CRISSCROSS firmware and Google Apps zipped files to the root folder of SD card on your phone.
4:- Now, disconnect the device from the PC and turn it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
5:- Turn ON the Galaxy S6 Edge while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time for a while until the device enters into Recovery Mode.
6:- Go back to the main recovery menu and perform a full data wipe. This includes Dalvik cache, Cache, System, Factory data reset.
7:- Go back the main Recovery menu and choose install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
8:- Find the ROM file that you’ve already transferred to the root folder of your SD Card in Step No 3. Select the CRISSCROSS ROM .zip file and proceed the installation process.
9:- Once the ROM is successfully installed on your Galaxy S6 Edge, install Google Apps package by following the same procedure as given above.
10:- After the installation of CRISSCROSS Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM and Google Apps, select reboot system now to reboot the Galaxy S6 Edge.
It will take about 5 minutes to boots up for the first time after installing ROM on your phone.
Done! You have successfully updated Galaxy S6 Edge to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with CRISSCROSS Custom ROM.