Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) is one of those lucky devices that received the latest Android 5.0.2 update. Users having the old Android phone, Samsung Galaxy S3 will be happy to know that the LiquidSmooth custom ROM based on the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop released for Galaxy S3 I9300, to taste all the features of Android 5.0.2. This is the most stable Lollipop ROM out there for this device having everything works smoothly.
The LiquidSmooth ROM is a custom Lollipop ROM which is based on the latest AOSP, so if want to enjoy the latest mobile OS version on your S3 then we’ve a detailed guide on how to update Galaxy S3 I9300 to LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 Lollipop custom ROM. Below we’ve listed some of the noteworthy features of this LiquidSmooth custom firmware.
LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 custom ROM is not officially released by Samsung but it is just a custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers and you’ll need a custom recovery such as CWM Recovery to get this ROM and Gapps .zip files on your device.
You may also like:
- How To Install Android 5.0 Lollipop NamelessROM on Galaxy S3 I9300
- Update Galaxy S3 Neo I9300I to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with CyanogenMod 12 ROM
LiquidSmooth Lollipop ROM Features:
- Extra info about your device (About phone/tablet)
- Custom Liquid Logo in about phone/tablet
- Google bug report and OTA removed
- Option to show kernel toolchain and other info by tapping kernel version in about phone/tablet
- Timeout and instant lock options added to slide unlock instead of just secure keyguard options
- Developer options enabled by default
- Navigation bar height control
- Show application package name in app info
- LiquidSmooth Stats and Updater added
- Partition size info
- Option to disable immersive messages
- Toast animations
- Option to disable screenshot noise
- Built in superuser options with Root access options
- Hardware key rebinding
- Call blacklist options
- SMS rate limiting option
- Filter spam notifications
- Per app control for Lock-screen notifications
- Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
- Lots of settings switched from check-boxes to switch-boxes
- Safe headset volume option
- Less annoying sound notifications option
- option to use volume keys to control media volume anytime
- Option to customize device host-name
- Option to not wake up device when charge is plugged/unplugged
- Volume rocker wake up
- IME switcher notification control
- Option to disable full-screen keyboard
- Force auto-rotation on IME
- Option to force show enter key
- CM’s Privacy Guard
- Increasing ringtone option
- Viper4android integrated
- Dark UI for settings
- Battery and notification light options
- Screen Density changer
- Statusbar clock customization
- Option to disable searchbar in recents
- Statusbar brightness control
- Double tap statusbar to sleep control
- Custom Lockscreen shortcuts
- Option for offscreen gestures
This guide can be used for the installation of LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 ROM on Galaxy S3 (International Variant) GT-I9300 only. Please do not try this firmware on any incorrect variant, as a result your device might get bricked. You can check the model number of your Galaxy S3 by going to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or lose occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S3 before or after the installation of Android 5.0.2 based LiquidSmooth ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- You must take a proper backup of your data and settings using a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, just in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore it back. CWM/TWRP will create a full image of the existing phone setup.
- Download and install Galaxy S3 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S3 is already rooted with CWM recovery installed.
- The bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- The battery level of the Galaxy S3 must be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the ROM installation.
- Download LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300:
Follow the given step by step guide to install LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Step No 1:- First of all, download the LiquidSmooth Android 5.0.2 custom ROM and Google Apps package on your PC for Galaxy S3.
Step No 2:- Plug the device with the PC using its USB Data Cable and mount the USB Mass Storage of the phone.
Step No 3:- Copy the LiquidSmooth ROM (liquid_i9300-ota-22122014.zip) file to the SD Card of your phone.
Note: Copy the ROM.zip file to the root of your SD Card
Step No 4:- Disconnect the Galaxy S3 from the PC.
Step No 5:- Turn Off the phone in order to boot it into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- Next, boot your phone device into Recovery Mode. To do so, turn it on and then press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
Step No 7:- While the Galaxy S3 is now in CWM Recovery, perform Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache from Advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to avoid boot loop issues and any other errors (Boot ROM related) while installing the firmware.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the main recovery menu again and select Install Zip from SD Card -> Choose Zip from SD Card. Now find the LiquidSmooth ROM .zip file which you have already transferred to the root folder of your SD card of the phone in Step No 3, choose it by tapping the Power key. Confirm the ROM installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Now install Google Apps (Gapps) Package by repeating the above two steps.
Step No 10:- After the installation of LiquidSmooth ROM and Gapps, go to “+++++Go Back+++++” and in the Recovery menu, choose Reboot System Now.
Your Galaxy S3 will be rebooted and it will take some time about 5 minutes for the first boot. So please set back.
Done! You have successfully updated Galaxy S3 I9300 to the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop using LiquidSmooth custom ROM.
Don’t hesitate to let us know in the comments section below if you have any trouble or query regarding the above guide while installing LiquidSmooth ROM on your Galaxy S3.