How To Install Nexus 7 2012 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (LRX22G) Factory Image: Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with build number LRX22G firmware update recently rolled out for Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi). You can now update your Nexus 7 device via OTA or by flashing the official factory image by Google on it. But if you have not received the OTA update notification yet on your device then here’s a guide to install Nexus 7 2012 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (LRX22G) Factory Image manually. Other Nexus devices have tasted the Android 5.0.1 update, but now they are waiting for the latest update for Lollipop to fix bugs.
So if you want to try out the latest Lollipop update on your Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi version), then go ahead and follow these given instructions:
- Don’t forget to take proper backup of all the important data before flashing the factory image on Nexus 7 2012.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the phone.
- Download and install correct USB Drivers for your Nexus 7.
- You’ll need a Windows-Based PC to connect to the device.
- USB Data Cable to connect your device to a PC.
- Install and set up ADB drivers for Android on the PC. You’ll need the ADB drivers if you want to connect the Android device to the PC to install firmware via fast boot mode.
- The battery level of the Nexus 7 must be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Install Nexus 7 2012 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (LRX22G) Factory Image:
1: – First of all, unzip the factory image file (nakasi-lrx22g-factory-2291c36b.tgz), which you’ve downloaded from the above link to a folder named “fast boot” on the desktop of your PC.
2: – Now open the folder where you have extracted the factory image. Find a .zip file there and extract it.
3: – Transfer the extracted files to the fast boot folder.
4: – Power Off the device and then press and hold Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time for a few seconds while powering the device on to boot it into Fastboot Mode.
5: – Next, plug your Nexus 7 to the PC via its USB data cable.
6: – Navigate to the Fastboot folder where you’ve transferred the extracted files in Step No 3. Open Command Window within that folder.
7: – Type the following given commands in the command prompt:
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-filename.img
fastboot flash radio radio-filename.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash cache cache.img
Done! You’ve successfully installed the official Android 5.0.2 factory image on your Nexus 7 2012 (Wi-Fi). These were some easy steps to install Nexus 7 2012 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop (LRX22G) factory image.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or issue during the flashing process of Android 5.0.2 factory image.