Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock firmware with build number I9506XXUDOA6 has been pushed out for the Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 by Samsung. We’ve also shared an article about updating Galaxy S4 LTE-A to Android 5.0.2 with CyanogenMod 12 Nightly ROM. But Samsung always releasing software updates for their devices time to time and it is recommended to update to the latest available firmware to the new version bringing bugs fixes, improvements, OS performance and new features as well. So being a Galaxy S4 LTE-A I9506 owner, you’ll be happy to know that the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official update is now available to this device.
This update is currently live in three regions (Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Germany). So if you are from the certain regions then you can update your device using Samsung Kies software or OTA. But in case you are from any other country then you may either wait for the OTA notification as Over-the-air (OTA) update of the software is expected to be released soon or you can install I9506XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 manually by following the given guide to enjoy all the Lollipop features, system improvements and performance.
- Model: GT-I9506
- Model name: Galaxy S4 LTE-A
- Country: Germany (Vodafone), Czech Republic (Vodafone), Czech Republic, Slovakia
- Version: Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- Changelist: 3875041
- Build date: 13 January
- Product Code: VD2, VDC, ETL, ORX
- PDA: I9506XXUDOA6
- CSC: I9506VFGDOA4, I9506VFGDOA4, I9506OXXDOA1, I9506OXXDOA1
- MODEM: I9506XXUDOA6
This tutorial contains Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware with build number I9506XXUDOA6 is only working with Galaxy S4 LTE-A I9506. Do not try to flash it on any other or incorrect variant, as a result the device might gets bricked. You can verify the device’s model by going to Settings > About Phone > Model Number.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S4 LTE-A before or after the installation process of Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9506XXUDOA6 firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper backup of your important data and settings on your Galaxy S4 LTE-A using a custom recovery. If something goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore the data.
- Download and install correct Galaxy S4 LTE-A (I9506) USB Drivers
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- The S4 LTE-A must be unlocked.
- After installing this official firmware, you Galaxy S4 will lose custom ROM if already installed and a custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- Check the battery level of the Galaxy S4, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation instructions.
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop official build I9506XXUDOA6:
Follow the given step-by-step guide to update S4 LTE-A to Android 5.0.1 I9506XXUDOA6 Lollipop stock firmware.
1:- First, download the appropriate Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware .zip file your Galaxy S4 LTE-A and Odin3 v3.09 on the desktop of the PC.
2:- Unzip the downloaded firmware zipped file to get a .tar.md5 file with few other optional files and then also extract Odin3 v3.09 to get Odin3 v.3.09.exe.
3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy S4 in order to boot into Download Mode.
4:- Turn the device ON by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down keys at the same time.
5:- Run Odin on the PC (as Administrator).
6:- As the Galaxy S4 is currently in Download Mode, plug the device to the computer and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue in Odin, once the phone is connected successfully.
7:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file having .tar.md5 extension that you’ve already placed on the desktop of your PC.
8:- Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
9:- In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to completed.
10:- Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy S4 will be automatically rebooted.
10:- Disconnect the phone from the PC after the home screen displays.
That’s it! You’ve installed the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop stock build on the Galaxy S4 successfully.
Do let us know in the comments section below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this official I9506XXUDOA6 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE-A.