Download Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security Update for Galaxy A5 2017: Galaxy A5 2017 has started receiving the latest Oreo OS update. This latest update is live via OTA (over-the-air) for A5 2017 in New Zealand. The build number of this new April 2018 Security Patch is A520FXXU4CRD6 that comes with many high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities fixes. We highly recommend updating Android OS to the latest firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. A520FXXU4CRD6 April 2018 Security Patch is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install A520FXXU4CRD6 April 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017.
The Android 8.0 Oreo A520FXXU4CRD6 April 2018 Security Patch is available through OTA (over-the-air) in New Zealand and some other countries. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy A5 2017 and hit the download to upgrade your device to April 2018 Security Patch A520FXXU4CRD6 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives gradually and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if you have not yet received the update then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security update on Galaxy A5 2017. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy A5 2017.
- PDA: A520FXXU4CRD6
- CSC: A520FVNZ4CRD8
- CHANGELIST: 13389536
- BUILD DATE: 13.04.2018)
- Android Security Patch Level: 01.04.2018
Please note that Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Galaxy A5 2017.
Procedure to Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy A5 2017:
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy A5 2017, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy A5 2017. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest April 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy A5 2017 using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Download A520FXXU4CRD6 April 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy A5 2017
Install A520FXXU4CRD6 April 2018 Security Update on Galaxy A5 2017 using ODIN:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017. To Install A520FXXU4CRD6 April 2018 Security for Galaxy A5 2017 using Odin, follow the given link below.
Step 1: Download and Install the Samsung Odin to your Computer
At first, Click here to download the latest version of Odin software to your computer. Once you have downloaded this application, Follow this guide to install it.
Step 2: Download and Install your Samsung USB Drivers
Click here download Samsung USB Drivers. With an intention to assist your computer in recognizing your Samsung device, you will need to install the compatible drivers according to your device model.
Step 3: Samsung Firmware Download
If you own the Samsung device, there is a great chance for you to find the latest firmware for your Smartphone quite easily. However, downloading the firmware from an untrusted site can be a bit risky. Search for your device model on this site to download Stock Firmware.
Step 4: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
Enable USB Debugging and (If applicable) Enable OEM unlock:
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Under Developer options, look for Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
Step 5: Boot your Samsung Galaxy Device into download mode
Boot your Samsung Galaxy device into Download Mode:
- First Power off your device.
- Press “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Now, press Volume Up to accept and boot into Download mode.
Step 6: Open the Odin Tool on your PC.
Step 7: Connect your Phone to Pc
Once you have connected your phone to the PC, you will see an option named as ID: COM. It will turn blue in Odin Tool if your device gets recognized.
Step 6: Transfer the Samsung firmware file to Odin
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file you will see the files in the format of “.tar.md5”.
- Now, click on AP in Odin and select the .tar.md5 firmware file.
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step 7: Start Flashing the Samsung firmware with Odin
After you have loaded the firmware in Odin, Press the Start button located at the bottom of the screen to start the process of flashing.
Step 8: Finishing the Installation process of Stock Firmware
If you have correctly followed the above process with the correct firmware files and compatible Odin version, you will not see any error messages. The process will take few minutes, and you will see a message saying “PASS” on a green color background. After that, the device will reboot automatically and should be running on a new firmware.
Follow the above steps to install a Stock Firmware using the Odin tool successfully, and you will not encounter problems whatsoever.
Done! You have successfully installed A520FXXU4CRD6 April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy A5 2017 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy A5 2017.