CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM is now available to download for HTC One M8 smartphones. This latest build of CM12.1 is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AOSP. Many Samsung, Nexus, Sony, LG and HTC devices received the CyanogenMod 12.1 stable build and you’ll be happy to know that you can now update your HTC One M8 to Stable CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Custom ROM.
Go ahead and follow the given instructions to flash this CM 12.1 Stable custom ROM on your device.
This guide containing the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based CM12.1 Stable ROM and instructions can be used for the HTC One M8 (Unlocked) devices. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be responsible in case you brick the phone or any damage occurred to your One M8 during or after the installation of CM12.1 custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- The HTC One M8 should be rooted.
- The latest version of a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP) should be installed on your phone.
- Take a proper backup (Nandroid ROM Backup) of all the important data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide, you can try Helium app.
- Enable USB debugging option on your HTC One M8 from Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Install USB drivers for your HTC device.
- HTC One M8 should be unlocked.
Steps to Install CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop HTC One M8:
Follow these steps to update HTC One M8 to Android 5.1.1 based CM 12.1 custom firmware:
1:- First of all, download CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM (cm-12.1-20150901-SNAPSHOT-YOG4PAO23A-m8.zip) and Google Apps Package for your HTC One M8 from the given download links, on the desktop of your PC.
2:- Connect your HTC One to the PC via its USB data cable.
4:- Once the files are copied, disconnect the phone and turn it OFF.
5:- Boot the device into Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys at the same time.
6:- Select Bootloader > Recovery by following the on-screen instructions.
7:- While the HTC One M8 is now in Recovery, perform wipe data task by navigating to wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
8:- Additionally, perform wipe cache partition followed by wipe dalvik cache.
9:- From the main Recovery menu, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
10:- Find the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 ROM file that you have already transferred to your SD card. Confirm the installation process to begin.
12:- Go back to the main menu of recovery and reboot your phone. It may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time.
Done! You’ve successfully flashed CM12.1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on your HTC One M8.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or question while flashing the CM12.1 ROM on your phone.