This guide is on how to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Android 5.0 Lollipop Official Firmware is available to download and update for Galaxy S5 SM-G900S with baseband KSU1BNL2. This update rolled out for the SM-G900F devices a few days ago via OTA update and for the other variants of Galaxy S5 as well. We have already given guides to update Android 5.0 Lollipop official firmware on Galaxy S5 SM-G900F and SM-G900P. Google announced the latest Lollipop update last month to the Nexus devices, and now all other devices are waiting anxiously for this update.
You can also check it from the OTA update notifications, and it’ll be there. But if there is no notification then here’s an easy solution for you to download and flash it manually on your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900S. The manual installation is better than OTA method because if you have already a Custom ROM installed on your device then this is the only possible way to get back to the Official ROM. In the following guide, we’ll use Odin 3 flashing tool to Update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 5.0 Lollipop manually.
You don’t need to worry about anything as this is an official firmware. After flashing this update on your device, you’ll get the official firmware that comes with the latest TouchWiz interface from Samsung with build number G900SKSU1BNL2.
Note: – The following given guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S5 with model number SM-G900S. To verify the model of your device navigate to Settings > General > About Device or Settings > About Device and match the model number.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage occurred to your Galaxy S5. Flashing a wrong file on another device might result in bricking it up so double check the device model number and proceed at your risk.
- The first step should be backing up each and everything on your Galaxy S5. In case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to access all of your data and will be able to restore it immediately. So back up your SMS Messages, Call Logs, Contacts and other data.
- Download and Install Samsung USB drivers on PC.
- Check the battery level of your device; it should be above 80% before starting the updating process. Your Galaxy S5 may get soft bricked if the device is Powered Off due to a weak battery during the flashing process.
- Use Original USB Data Cable to connect your Galaxy S5 to a PC or Laptop.
- Turn off Samsung Kies and other software while using Odin3.
- Download and extract Odin3 v3.09.
- Download Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware: G900SKSU1BNL2_G900SSKC1BNL2_SKC.zip
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F to Android 5.0 Lollipop:
1: – First extract G900SKSU1BNL2_G900SSKC1BNL2_SKC.zip and Odin tool on the desktop.
2: – Now run Odin3.exe on your PC.
3: – Turn Off the Galaxy S5 and wait for 10 seconds.
4: – Turn On the device and then press and hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power buttons at the same time. A warning message will be displayed, just press Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
5: – Connect your Galaxy S5 to the PC.Step 6: – If the Samsung USB drivers are installed correctly on your PC then the ID: COM box will turn blue once Odin detects the phone.
7:- Click on the AP button in Odin 3.09 and select the firmware.tar.md5 or .tar file, extracted in Step 1.
8:- Make sure that the F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked and Re-Partition is unchecked in Odin 3.
9:- Finally, click on the Start button, this process will take some time to be finished successfully. After the flashing process completed, the device will be rebooted.
10:- Disconnect your device from PC after the Galaxy S5 boots up.
That’s All! I am sure that your Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900S will be now running on Android 5.0 Lollipop KSU1BNL2 Firmware. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any trouble or question regarding the above updating process.