How to Update All Nexus Devices to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Build LMY48I Factory Image
Google rolled-out the the latest Android 5.1.1 factory image for the Nexus devices including Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 2013 (Wi-Fi), Nexus 9 (WiFi and LTE) and Nexus 10. This factory image comes with build number LMY48I containing a fix for the recently announced Stagefright vulnerability. The OTA updates with the LMY48I build number has been released for all the above mentioned Nexus devices already. If you have a Nexus device and eager to get the latest Android 5.1.1 build then we have a step-by-step guide to update Nexus devices to Android 5.1.1 LMY48I factory image manually.
In this guide we’ve given a list of all factory images for the specific Nexus devices. You can choose and download the appropriate image on your PC according to the given instructions and install on your device. Keep in mind that the bootloader of your phone should be unblocked via Google’s Fastboot utility before going ahead to flash the factory images.
This guide containing the factory images and instructions can be used for the Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7 (2013 WiFi), Nexus 9 (LTE and WiFi) and Nexus 10 devices only. Check out the model number of your phone by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your phone during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 LMY48I factory images. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper back up data and settings on your device using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP to create a full image of the existing phone setup.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Nexus device on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Your Nexus device should be rooted with an unlocked bootloader.
- The latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP should be installed on it.
- The battery level of your device should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Android 5.1.1 Factory Image for Nexus 4
- Android 5.1.1 Factory Image for Nexus 5
- Nexus 6 aka shamu: Android 5.1.1 Factory Image for Nexus 6
- Android 5.1.1 Factory Image for Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi)
- Android 5.1.1 Factory Image for Nexus 9 (LTE)
- Android 5.1.1 Factory Image for Nexus 9 (WiFi)
- Android 5.1.1 for Nexus 10
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Build LMY48I Factory Image on Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, Nexus 7, Nexus 9 and Nexus 10:
Step No 1:- First, download the correct Android 5.1 Factory Image for your Nexus device from the above given links on the the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2:- Connect the Nexus device to your PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 3:- Install and configure Fastboot drivers on the PC. How To?
Step No 4:- Turn OFF your Nexus in order to boot into Fastboot/Bootloader mode.
Step No 5:- Now, turn on the device while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time till the Fastboot menu appear on the screen.
Step No 6:– If the bootloader of your phone is locked then run the following command to unlock it:
fastboot oem unlock
Step No 7:- Next, unzip the downloaded Android 5.1 Factory Image file that you have already placed on your computer.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the unzipped LMY48I folder and then copy/paste all the files to the Fastboot folder on the PC.
Step No 9:- Run the following commands on the computer to use factory image files in your Fastboot directory:
For Windows Users: Run the file with,
For Mac Users: Run the file with,
For Linux Users: Run the file:
Step No 10:- The installation process will be started by giving the above given command to flash the stock factory image on your Nexus phone. Follow the on-screen instructions on your phone and wait for the installation process to complete successfully.
Step No 11:- The Nexus device will be rebooted once the installation completes. Booting the device might take about 4 to 5 minutes for the first time after installation.
That’s All! You have successfully installed the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update with build LMY48I using Google’s stock factory image.