The Founder of the Android had founded a company named Essential, which now has introduced their first smartphone “Essential PH-1”. This smartphone was released at the beginning of this year with a very good design and specifications, which are expected from high-end smartphones, Now if we talk about the design of this smartphone, PH-1 comes with a bezel-less display and the uniqueness of this smartphone is that its display is fully covered with display and on the top there is front facing camera.
Essential PH-1 was released with Android 7.1 Nougat but it will soon get official Android 8.0 Oreo update.
Anyways, some of you guys might still want to Root this Smartphone and might have searched for the rooting methods, unlocking its bootloader and putting any custom recovery like TWRP. Well if you are looking for a tutorial then we have a complete guide for you in the steps below.
The steps mention below are only for the Essential PH-1. So don’t risk damaging any other smartphone by applying these methods. Also, the phone warranty will not be valid after rooting.
- First of all install Minimal ADB drivers.
- Then turn the USB debugging On.
- Have a backup of your phone storage on your computer because unlocking the bootloader will erase the data.
- Make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
Download TWRP recovery for your smartphone Essential PH-1 and rename it as “recovery.img“. and copy this file to the ADB folder.
Now you have to download Magisk v14.3 and place it on your mobile phone’s internal storage.
Then download the boot image and move this modified boot image to the folder for the current build.
Guide to Unlock Essential PH-1 Bootloader:
- First of all open command prompt on the ADB Folder.
- Now connect your mobile phone to your computer and enter this command to restart bootloader ” adb reboot bootloader“.
- To check the establishment of connecting enter fastboot devices command.
- Then enter fastboot OEM unlock.It will unlock bootloader and also erase all the data.
- After completing the process reboot your smartphone by entering this command fastboot reboot.
Steps To Install TWRP Custom Recovery:
- Connect your device to PC and enter this command adb reboot bootloader it will reboot the bootloader.
- Now type fastboot flash recovery.img to install the TWRP.
- After completing the process reboot your device and unplug it from PC.
Steps to Root Essential PH-1:
- First turn your phone off and hold power and volume buttons to boot into TWRP recovery.
- To boot into TWRP select recovery buttons by using power and volume buttons.
- Now select the install option,
- Select the Magisk v14.3 file which you downloaded before.
- Now swipe to flash the zip file.
- When the flashing is done simply reboot your device.
- After reboot, your device will successfully be rooted with magsisk v14.3 installed on your device.