If you want to root your Huawei Honor 9 then the easy and simple method is to use SuperSU root exploit to gain root access. So being an advanced Android user, you can customize and optimize the way in which your phone performs during certain moments by unlocking the Android system running on your phone. A custom recovery image is required to flash the dedicated root exploit, SuperSU that will immediately grant root access and default restrictions as well the factory will be removed on your phone. All the credits for this guide go to Chainfire, the developer of SuperSU.
Once your Huawei Honor 9 is rooted, you will be able to tweak the Android User Interface using by performing dedicated customizations and other custom operations within the Android system. Also, after getting root access over the internal filesystem of your phone, you can install custom ROMs, adding custom kernels and MODs, flashing root-only apps, removing bloatware, overclocking / undervolting your Android smartphone and download apps from other sources than Google Play.
Keep in mind that once you will choose to apply the root operation, the warranty of your Huawei Honor 9 will get void. Rooting an Android phone is an unofficial procedure that will need a 3rd party app which is not developed by Huawei. Keep on reading the following steps given below to root your own Huawei Honor 9. Don’t forget to make a complete backup in order to avoid further unpleasant situations.
- The bootloader of Huawei Honor 9 should be unlocked as the unlocked bootloader is the first step to make when trying to get rid of pre-loaded factory restrictions.
- A custom recovery image like TWRP must be installed on your phone in order to flash the SuperSU root exploit.
- The battery level of Honor 9 should be at least 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
- A Windows-based PC to download the SuperSU root exploit.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – > Settings. Check the USB Debugging field, if unchecked.
- Note: If the Developer Options are not available then go to Menu – > Settings – > About Phone and tap repeatedly on Built Number. After tapping for 7 or 10 times you will receive the ‘you are a developer’ message.
How to Root the Huawei Honor 9:
Step 1: Download the latest SuperSU root exploit for your Huawei Honor 9 on the desktop of your PC from this link.
Step 2: Power ON your Honor 9 and connect it with your PC using its USB data cable.
Step 3: Select the root file from a desktop that you have already downloaded in Step 1 and transfer it to your phone.
Step 4: Once the file is transferred, unplug the USB cable.
Step 5: Turn OFF your phone and wait while the shutdown process is completed.
Step 6: Reboot your phone into recovery mode. Here is How To.
Step 7: While your device is now in recovery, tap on Install and load the SuperSU package.
Step 8: Now, swipe to start the flashing process.
Step 9: Once the flashing process is completed, navigate to the main menu of recovery again and tap on Reboot.
Note: Please note that in the case of a boot loop issue, go back to recovery and select: “Wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Done! You have successfully rooted your Huawei Honor 9. You can install Root Checker app from Google Play Store to verify that either your phone is rooted successfully or not.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or query regarding the above given rooting guide.