We have great news for all the Nexus 4 users, you can now upgrade your Nexus 4 smartphone to Android 7.1.2 Nougat. In this detailed guide, we bring the latest XOSP custom firmware which comes with plenty of exciting and latest features to your LG Nexus 4. The XOSP means Xperia Open Source Project that’s why your Nexus 4 will literally changes into the Sony flagship device Xperia Z5. The XOSP custom firmware is packed with its flagship built-in apps like Music, Camera, Videos, Snap Camera, ViPER Audio Engine, Xperia Z5 sounds, Xperia Z5 Custom Wallpapers and even includes Xperia Themes too. This fantastic XOSP custom ROM is free of bugs, fast and smoothly run on your Nexus 4. This ROM is not officially announced by LG / Google but just a custom ROM. Your device must be rooted, and the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM) should be already installed on it in order to install this XOSP custom ROM.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily and quickly update your LG Nexus 4 to XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom firmware. Once you install this latest custom ROM, your device will perform better than before and user-friendly. Official firmware is always good, but custom ROMs make your device better with new features, changes, customizations and lots of system tweaks that are not otherwise possible. Many users have installed the ROM and found it quite stable and everything works fine on Nexus 4. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing the XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on your LG Nexus 4 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Android 7.1.2 XOSP Nougat ROM Details:
- Based on CM 13.0
- Removed many unnecessary apps and stuff as well as CM ones
- Stock Kernel
- Snap Camera
- ViPER Audio Engine
- Theme Chooser
- Xperia based Bootanimation
- Xperia Z5 sounds
- Xperia Z5 Custom Wallpapers
- ROM provided with a white Indigo Theme
- Stock Browser is custom themed
- Status bar logo
- Navigation Bar ON/OFF
- NavBar dimensions
- HW Keys ON/OFF
- SlimSeek Bar
- Status bar Network Traffic indicator
- RAM Bar in recents options
- Toast Animations
- Long Press back to kill in Development Settings
- Ability to hide the Super SU status bar icon
- Xperia App
- Xperia Z5 Home
This guide containing the XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM and instructions are working with LG Nexus 4 only. Do not try to install this unofficial firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your device first.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be responsible for any damage occurred to your LG Nexus 4 during or after the installation of XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom build. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all your important data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
- Download and install LG Nexus 4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the LG Nexus 4 on the PC by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check USB Debugging option.
- The LG Nexus 4 should be rooted with the latest version of custom recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your Nexus 4 should be unlocked.
- The latest version of CWM or TWRP custom recovery must be installed on LG Nexus 4.
- Check the battery level of your device; it should be charged at least about 80% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while installing the XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat XOSP custom ROM on Nexus 4:
Step No 1: – First, download the XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM and Google Apps package from the above links on the desktop of your computer.
Step No 2: – Make a connection between your Nexus 4 and computer using USB data cable.
Step No 3: – Transfer the downloaded files to your phone.
Step No 4: – Once the files are copied, disconnect the device from the PC.
Step No 5: – Power off your device to boot into recovery mode.
Step No 6: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
Step No 7: – When the LG logo appears, release the keys and immediately press Power and Volume Down buttons again until the Hard Reset menu will be displayed.
Step No 8: – Press Power button once and confirm the hard reset operation. Done, your Nexus 4 will boot into recovery mode.
Step No 9: – Now select the “wipe data factory reset, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe Dalvik cache” options.
Step No 10: – Go back to the main menu of Recovery. Select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card.”
Step No 11: – Locate the download firmware file that you have already transferred to your phone and begin the installation process.
Step No 12: – Repeat the last step and flash the Google Apps package.
Step No 13: – Navigate to main recovery menu and choose “reboot system now.”
Done! You have successfully installed the XOSP Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware on your LG Nexus 4 . Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.