Resurrection Remix is one of the best custom Roms available for the Yu Yuphoria. Based primarily on CyanogenMod, it has borrowed features from other custom ROMs such as SlimRom, OmniRom, making it one of the most customizable and feature-packed among the custom Roms out there. This makes it a suitable ROM for the users, high on tweaking their phones to the very extreme. This ROM is based on Android 7.1.0 Nougat.
For custom ROM users, as known, this installation requires root access and the latest build of a custom recovery software preferably TWRP, or else you might end up in a boot loop or might soft brick your device. The tutorials for root and TWRP installation can be found at the end of the post. For those of you who are not familiar with the process, it is recommended that you take a complete backup of your device to prevent data loss or to revert back to a point, just in case something goes wrong. You may use Nandroid or the Backup feature of the Custom Recovery to do so.
As this is not the final build, so do not expect all features to be working seamlessly, but it can be used as a daily driver, as most of the features work perfectly. Some of the features included in this build are:
- Complete customization, including a theme engine, changeable status bar and nav bar icons, custom battery bars, fonts etc.
- Touchscreen gestures.
- Double tap to sleep.
- Accidental wakeup prevention.
- Kernel Auditor (Overclocking, Undervolting, governors and much more)
- VOLTE Support
All CM 14.1 features and much more
Provided below is the complete set of instructions for the installation. If you are used to installing custom ROMs, this should be a walk in the park for you. For others please read the things to remember and also follow the step by step instructions to complete the installation perfectly.
Disclaimer: The instructions provided have been tested out to work perfectly. The developers/owners are not responsible for any damage incurred by your device. Please try it at your own risk
Things to remember
- This tutorial is specifically for Yu Yuphoria. Please do not try this on any other phone.
- A custom recovery (TWRP) should be installed prior to the ROM installation on your phone.
- For a seamless experience, a clean install which requires a complete wipe of your device. Backup all your data before proceeding.
- Make sure your battery is above 50 percent to prevent failure during installation.
Steps to Install Resurrection Remix For Yu Yuphoria:
- Download the latest build of Resurrection Remix ROM and Gapps
- Copy those two files to the root folder of the sd card.
- Now reboot the phone into the custom recovery mode previously installed. (Power off the phone and press Volume Down + Power key)
- Now take Backup if required. Select the Backup option and follow instructions to backup all your data.
- After backing up your data, perform a factory reset by selecting Wipe option in TWRP, then swipe on Swipe to Factory reset.
- Then go back to the main menu and press the install button. Then select the files that you previously copied to the root of the sdcard.
- After selecting the files swipe on Swipe to Confirm Flash to start the installation.
- The installation may take a few minutes and will read “Successful” on completion.
- Reboot your phone by pressing Reboot System on the same screen
Your installation has been completed and the initial boot may require about 5 minutes. Now your Yu Yuphoria should have Resurrection Remix successfully running on your phone.