How to Install [LineageOS 15 ROM] Android 8.0 Oreo on Xperia Z3: Sony phones are popular in the market for a long time. Sony has launched a series of successful models starting from its Xperia XZ series which included, Sony Xperia XZ, XZ premium, and XZ compact. The launching of these series has made the Sony smartphones a bit expensive also. Thus, a compact series of sony was launched where Xperia X3 came into existence which made the phone affordable for regular crowd.
Simultaneously, Android has started updating its version and launched a new version Android 8 Oreo. This version has been launched last month and is easily available for Google supported phones. For non-Google supported phones such as Sony, the newer version takes some time as it first starts getting support in the higher series. People with Xperia Z3 have to wait for a while before getting this update.
At the same time if people want to get this latest version then there is a good news that Sony Xperia X3 can adapt the LineageOS 15 ROM which will bring Android 8.0 Oreo features. This means that after installing this ROM the phone could be legally updated to latest Android 8.0. Thus, the following guide states the steps for installing the ROM, followed by Android update installation. The drawback is the warranty of the phone would not be applicable further and You will not receive anymore OTA updates.
Download LineageOS 15 ROM for Xperia Z3
- LineageOS 15 ROM for Xperia Z3 – Download (XDA Page)
- LineageOS 15 ROM for Xperia Z3 Dual – Download (XDA Page)
- Gapps for Android Oreo 8.0
- Your device must have an unlocked bootloader.
- Install ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Ensure that your Xperia Z3 has enough battery left, preferably above 50%, to prevent any accidental shutdown during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Sony Xperia Z3 from Settings –> Developer Options.
Steps to Install LineageOS 15 on Sony Xperia Z3
- Download and transfer GApps and the ROM file to your device internal storage.
- Power off your device, and reboot your device into the Recovery Mode.
- In TWRP Recovery menu, click Wipe, and do swipe to confirm factory reset.
- Now, go back to the main menu in TWRP Recovery click on Install, and select the ROM
- Now, Swipe to confirm the flash.
- Follow the same procedure for the GApps before the first boot.
- Now navigate back to the Main menu and click on reboot.
First-time boot will take a couple of minutes. Let us know your feedback on LineageOS 15 in the comment section below.