How to Install CM12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Sprint HTC One M7
The new CM12 based on stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update is now available to install on Sprint HTC One M7. This update was also released for the International and Verizon models of HTC One M7 previously. Thanks to the XDA-Developers, who developed and optimised their unofficial CM 12 OS for the Sprint model of HTC One M7. You can now safely test the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update on your Sprint branded smartphone. So if you have HTC One M7 and want to update it to the latest CM12 ROM based on stock Android Lollipop 5.0.1, then we’ve a guide to flash CM12 OS.
The current CM12 ROM brings stability and can work without major bugs on Sprint HTC One. But as this is an unofficial version and is still under development, so there are still some minor issues which are almost irrelevant. You have nothing to worry about it; the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OS will smoothly run on your phone.
Note: Please note that the given CM 12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OS is only applicable for the Sprint model of HTC One M7. Do not try this firmware on any other variant of HTC One M7.
This flashing process is unofficial. AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible if anything goes wrong while updating your device. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Don’t forget to take a proper backup of your HTC One M7 before starting the updating process like SMS, MMS, Settings, Call Logs, Contacts and Media, etc.
- Your Sprint HTC One should be rooted.
- Your HTC One should be unlocked because a custom ROM like CM12 can be installed only on unlocked devices.
- HTC One M7 has already a custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP installed.
- USB data cable to connect your device to the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by going to “Menu – Settings – Developer options”.
- The battery level of your HTC One M7 must be at least about 70% to avoid shutdowns during the updating process, if your phone gets turned off in the middle of the update process then it might get bricked.
Download Required Files:
Download PA Gapps
Steps to Install CM12 Lollipop 5.0.1 Custom ROM Firmware on Sprint HTC One M7:
Step No 1: – Download the ROM (cm-12-20141219-UNOFFICIAL-m7spr.zip) and Gapps .zip files from the above-given links to the desktop of your PC. Do not unzip these files.
Step No 2: – Now plug your HTC One with the PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 3: – Transfer the files to the internal memory of your phone.
Step No 4: – After transferring the files, disconnect it from the PC.
Step No 5: – Turn off your HTC One M7 to entering into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: – Make a Full Wipe (System / Data / Cache / Dalvik)
Step No 7: – Now return to main Recovery Menu.
Step No 8: – Next, choose “Install zip from SD card” and select “choose zip from SD card”, browse to the location of the downloaded ROM (CM12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop) file and install it on your Sprint HTC One.
Step No 9: – Install the Google Apps (Gapps) package by repeating the above step.
Step No 10: – From main Recovery Menu, select “reboot system now” once the flashing process is completed.
Profit! You have installed CM12 Android 5.0.1 Lollipop custom ROM on your Sprint HTC One M7 successfully. Use the comments area below to share your experience with us and let us know if you have any issues or queries regarding the given guide.