In this guide, we’ll let you know that how to check the software update via OTA as well as update Galaxy S7 Edge manually. Now proceed to the installation guide to install Android Oreo for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S/K/L [Korea].
Please note that Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security Patch given in this guide is working with the Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S/K/L.
Check Software Update on Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S/K/L?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S/K/L, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S/K/L. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
New Features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Download Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Now Download ODIN Software
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80%.
- You will need a Windows-based PC or laptop to install this firmware.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Steps to Install Android Oreo for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S/K/L:
Done! This was a simple guide to install G935SKSU1ERE8 / G935KKKU1ERE8 / G935LKLU1ERE8 Android 8.0 Oreo firmware update on Galaxy S7 Edge.
Let us know in the comments area below if you any issues or question regarding How To Install Android Oreo for Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935S/K/L.