Microsoft has more or less almost abandoned the windows operating system. As it was seen that there is no possibility of update of windows phone officially by Microsoft. Someone has managed to install Android on Lumia. The developer has found a solution to bring Android to all Windows Phones, and performance is also good.
Lumia Phones running Android may be deprived of certain android functions. installing windows phones might be tricky for someone but if you follow our instructions you can easily do this so. Old Lumia is also very slow in performance due to the uneven attitude of Microsoft towards the update of these phones.
To install Android on Lumia, you need to flash the custom ROM on your phone. We have simplified this process by recommending you the backup of your device before making any change. The process seems to be difficult but not impossible. But if you rightly follow instructions it would be easy though.
Why Android on Windows Phone?
Microsoft has given up on Windows Phone and some old phones like the Lumia 720, 520 have been abandoned by the company. The old Lumia Phones will be abandoned by Microsoft and Lumias are nothing more than trash. You can, however, run Android on Lumia instead of Windows 10 and give your phones a new life.
It is to be noted that all features of Android don’t work properly on your modified windows phone. But it’s performance is far better than that of Windows 10 Phone. You may be deprived of some less important features of Android but you can enjoy Android Nougat on Windows Phone.
Install Android on Lumia: Important things to be noted
- You can always recover back to Windows Phone 8.1 if you have the backup files.
- The cellular connection won’t work on Android.
- You cannot use Bluetooth, accelerometer, camera and SD Card.
- The headphone jack does not work.
The hack has been tested on Lumia 720, 520, 521, 525 and 526 and it wouldn’t be work on any other Lumia Windows phones. The developers are however working to add support for all Snapdragon 400 processor phones.
Steps to install Android on Lumia
- Backup your Windows Phone software. You can use Win32diskimage or Windows Device Recovery Tool to save the recovery image. (This will be used to restore your phone to Windows 10 from Android).
- Open Win32DiskImager.
- Now connect your phone in Mass Storage mode.
- In Win32DiskImager, you need to select a location where you would like to save the backup. Save it is IMEI.img.
- Select the letter assigned to MainOS of your phone, and press “Read”.
- Your phone has been backed up successfully. Now close the app.
- Download lflash.zip and extract it.
- Now run uefi2lk.cmd and follow the on-screen instructions. Your phone now has the bootloader installed.
- Enter the Fastboot using the volume down key.
- Download TWRP and flash it. Also, download the ROM.
- In TWRP, select Advanced, ADB Sideload.
- Using ADB Sideload, browse to the ROM you have downloaded earlier and flash it.
- Code: adb sideload cm-13.0-201?????-UNOFFICIAL-fame.zip
- Reboot the phone.
- Success. Your phone is now running on Android.
Amidst of all the thing that matters is Performance. You may experience some crashes but its worth nonetheless. The one having old Lumia would love to do this process to change his Phone to Android. Among all of this you have a chance to return to your Windows version as if you don’t liked that Android version.
Actually, this hack is not available for all Windows phones, but we’re pretty sure that the users with flagships such as the Lumia 950 and HP Elite x3 would love to give it a chance. In the meantime, let us know your thoughts and questions in the comments below.