Google Nexus 5X smartphones can be updated now to the official Android 8.0 Oreo using Factory Image. If you have installed a custom ROM / customized and now want to restore your device to stock Android and like to taste the latest Android OS version experience on Nexus 5X then we have given an easy guide to step-by-step install Android 8.0 Oreo on Google Nexus 5X using Factory Image. Keep in mind that the Android 8.0 Factory Image is a complete copy of a stock operating system and while installation all the data currently stored on your Nexus 5X will be deleted.
If your phone is running on the older version of the Android operating system or using a custom ROM on your Nexus 5X then you have a chance to make your device fresh and faster, so begin flashing an official Android 8.0 Oreo System image. As we have mentioned before that all your existing data will be removed from your device while flashing the new official Stock Android 8.0 Oreo build, it is highly recommended to make a complete backup of all your required files before proceeding. In case anything goes wrong, you’ll be able to restore your data back. Now go ahead and follow the given instructions carefully.
Please note that the factory image in this guide is working only with Google Nexus 5X devices. Do not try to install it on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of your existing data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
if the Developer Options menu is hidden, then you have to unhide it: go to Settings> About Phone and here you need to tap seven times on the Firmware Build Number text. Go back to Settings, as Developer Options menu should now be listed there. Find USB Debugging and enable it.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlock option.
- The bootloader should be unlocked.
- The battery level of your Nexus 5 should be at least about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
SETUP Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers (Platform-Tools) on PC:
Download the Platform-Tools and ADB drivers setup as these drivers will allow you to connect your phone with PC as without these drivers, it’s not possible to install the Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image.
- Download the Platform-tools zip using the following links below:
– for Windows computers click here. [Mirror] – for Mac OS click here. [Mirror] – for Linux click here. [Mirror]
- Simply, unzip the downloaded files from the above links and save the Platform-tools directory on the desktop of your PC.
- Leave the newly created directory or folder open.
- Download and install the Google USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image for Nexus 5X:
Step 2: Now, unzip the downloaded Android 8.0 Factory Image files and copy/paste them all to Platform-Tools. Please do not extract the files any further.
Step 3: Power off the Nexus 5X.
Step 4: Boot the Nexus 5X in Bootloader Mode.
- Turn off your Nexus 5X completely.
- Press and hold Volume Down+Power buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the Fastboot Mode menu loads.
- The main Fastboot Mode options will appear and you can apply any action you need to.
Step 5: Navigate to Platform-Tools directory and open a Command Prompt within the folder.
Step 6: Connect the Nexus 5X with your PC using its USB data cable. If your drivers are correctly installed then your phone will be detected by the computer.
Step 7: You will need to unlock the bootloader and then type the given command in the command prompt.
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 8: Go to Platform-Tools directory once again and find the Flash-all.bat script. Launch it.
If you are using OS other than Windows, then run the Flash-all.sh script.
Step 9: Begin the process to flash-all.bat Android 8.0 flashing. Wait for the installation to be successfully finished.
Step 10: Once the installation is finished, you will see a confirmation message.
Step 11: Finally, unplug your phone from PC and boot it in normal mode. Your device might take about 4 to 5 minutes while booting for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image on Google Nexus 5X.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding the above guide.