AICP custom ROM arrived for the Samsung’s somewhat old flagship Galaxy Note 3 LTE model number N9005. This AICP ROM is based on the latest Android OS version 5.1.1. As there is no news from the company that when they will officially release the 5.1.1 Lollipop for these devices but thanks to AICP custom ROM team, you can still experience the latest Lollipop firmware on your Note 3 N9005 LTE. This custom ROM brings various cool features like changing the ad blocker, LCD density and disabling FC notifications as well as all CM12 features. Just like CyanogenMod, OmniROM and Resurrection Remix, AICP is also one of the most popular ROM that comes with tons of great features, rock solid stability and smooth performance.
If you would like to taste the sweetness of latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Note 3 LTE N9005 then go ahead and follow the given detailed step-by-step guide. Keep in mind that this is a custom ROM which is developed by the third-party developers, not officially released by Samsung. Thus, you’ll be required to have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM in order to install the ROM and Google Apps zipped files on your device.
Check out the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based AICP custom ROM details and features given below.
AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM Features:
- All CM features
- Proximity Call
- Screen Record
- Add blocker
- Notification FC Disabler
- LCD Changer (persistent)
- Gesture Anywhere
- Recent Panel Settings
- Omni Switch
- App Circle Bar
- Network Traffic on status bar
- Show CPU Info
- Boot animation changer
- CM Theme Engine
- Slim Launcher
- Slim’s Heads Up, with the ability to disable
- QS Sync Tile
- QS Screenshot Tile
- QS Screen Record Tile
- QS Quick and Smart pull down
- QS WiFi Detailed Tile View
- QS Location Tile – Enable Advanced Settings
This guide containing the Android 5.1.1 AICP custom ROM and instructions are working only with the Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005. Check the model number of your device first by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any kind of damage or mishap occurred to your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AICP custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make sure that you’ve taken proper backup of all your important data and settings on your device before proceeding to the installation of this custom ROM using a recommended custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure that you’ve properly installed USB Drivers for the Galaxy Note 3 LTE on the PC.
- Your Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 should be rooted with the latest version of CWM/TWRP recovery already installed.
- The Bootloader of the phone should be unlocked.
- Verify the battery level of your Galaxy Note 3, it should be charged at least about 80% before going ahead to the installation instructions to prevent unexpected shutdowns while the firmware installation.
- Download AICP Android 5.1.1 ROM
- Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005 via AICP custom ROM:
Follow these instructions to flash AICP Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE N9005.
Step No 1:- First, download AICP Android 5.1.1 custom ROM (aicp_hlte_lp-9.0-NIGHTLY-20150530.zip) for Galaxy Note 3 (I9005) on the desktop of the PC.
Step No 2:- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Transfer Android 5.1.1 ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4:- Unplug the Galaxy Note 3 from the PC and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home +Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced >Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 AICP custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy Note 3 I9005 will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
That’s All! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy Note 3 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop via AICP custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while installing AICP custom ROM featuring Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your Galaxy Note 3.