In this guide, we’ll let you know that how to download and install CyanogenMod 13 Nexus 7 2013 LTE custom ROM. CyanogenMod 12 (CM12) ROM (Unofficial Version) based on Android 5.0 Lollipop has been rolled out by CyanogenMod team for the Google’s tablet Nexus 7 2013. Google has already released the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop build for Nexus 7, Nexus 9 and Nexus 10 devices. If you are an advanced user having a Nexus device, then I am sure that you may prefer custom platforms that come with a lot of enhancements and performance improvements.
The new update (unofficial CM12 firmware) brings more stability along with many enhancements such as Trebuchet, battery percentage indicator on the notification bar, privacy guard and status bar brightness control. Here we’ve a step by step guide that how to update CyanogenMod 13 Nexus 7 2013 LTE ROM.
The CM12 is based on the stock Android OS and the previous official CynogenMod, as this is an unofficial version so you might face some bugs. But the official version of CM 12 will be rolled out soon when all the bugs/issues have been fixed. According to the senior XDA Developer Ajfink, the following features are ported for Nexus 7 2013 into the latest CyanogenMod 13 Nexus 7 2013 LTE:
- Notification light controls
- Codec Enhancements
- Option not to have the screen wake on plug
- ADB over network
- Single-down swipes for settings panel for swipes on the right side of status bar
- Privacy Guard (including Privacy section in Settings)
- CM File Manager
- Advanced Reboot
- Lots of CM app Material design changes
- Battery % indicator in notification bar
- A bunch of behind the scenes stuff
- Status bar brightness control
- CM Superuser controls
- Double-tap status bar or lock screen slider to sleep
Note: – This guide is only applicable for the Google Nexus 7 2013. Don’t try it on any other model. You can check the model of your device by going to Settings > About Phone.
- Take a proper backup of your Nexus 7 2013 device before starting the updating process.
- Extract latest bootloader from here and install via fast boot.
- Download and install the appropriate USB drivers from this link on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Nexus 7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is above 70% to avoid shutdown during the installation process
Update CyanogenMod 13 Nexus 7 2013 LTE Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM:
1: – First of all plug your Nexus 7 with the PC using its USB data cable and mount the phone’s USB mass storage.
2: – Transfer the cm-12-20141216-UNOFFICIAL-flo.zip file that you have already downloaded on your PC from the above link, to the root folder on the SD card of your Nexus 7.
3: – After copying the .zip file into the device’s SD card, just disconnect it from the PC.
4: – Power off your device and boot it into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
5: – After entering into the CWM Recovery perform Full Data Wipe, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache.
6: – Next, go back to the main recovery menu and select Install Zip from SDcard
7: – Select Choose Zip from SDcard. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen to start the installation process.
8: – Now install Google Apps (Gapps) by repeating the above steps.
9:- Navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++”, after installing ROM .zip and Gapps.
10: – Select Reboot System Now from the Recovery menu
Your Nexus 7 will be rebooted. The first boot may take some time about 4 to 5 minutes.
Done! You’ve successfully installed Android 5.0 Lollipop via unofficial build of CyanogenMod 13 Nexus 7 2013 LTE.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or facing problem while updating your Nexus 7 to this latest update.