Reading this content will surely prove to be of great assistance to you, as it includes detailed instructions on how to enable VoLTE/VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone II. One of its key aspects comprises the voice through LTE or Wi-Fi that provides an opportunity to receive calls directly from LTE OR Wi-Fi rather than having them to be routed through a carrier’s network. Almost every device that has or is being launched, the feature’s calling over either LTE or Wi-Fi.
The reason to adopt these features is due to the vast benefits that they provide to the users. A common and most enticing feature includes making calls free of cost. For instants, if you are facing network issues or have weak signals you yet have the advantage to make and attend calls via the Wi-Fi channel. Though, everything isn’t as simple as it seems when it comes to enabling VoLTE/VoWiFi on an Asus Rog phone 2.
Even though, this device most definitely does represent some market competitive exceptional accelerated advanced features that users would be delighted to have in their mobile segments. It consists of a 120Hz refresh rate, Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ chipset, and also an additional combination of a mammoth that is built of 1TB/12GB ROM/RAM that establishes it as a remarkable device.
This device also has amazing dual rare cameras that are of 48MP & 12MP and its front camera is of 32MP which is not just intriguing but is also very impressive. For those who are interested to test the VoLTE / VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone 2, there is no straightforward toggle to enable likewise.
Though, enabling these features on the Rog II is quite possible by simply applying these detailed steps that have been provided below:
- Go to “Downloads” on your Rog Phone 2.
- Tap on “Settings Properties”
- Use the Efs Tools
- Disable “mcfg”
- Writing MBN
Enable VoLTE / VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone 2
The step by step guide is provided in this extract that will make it easier to follow. The text is comprised of four separate sections making it easier to comprehend, each step. But before you begin, make sure that you have a working DIAG mode. To begin, it is essential that you head toward to the download folder and ensure that you have all the required files download before you proceed ahead.
Here are the required files that are needed to successfully complete this process:
Steps: Enable VoLTE / VoWiFi on Asus Rog Phone 2
Proceeding further, now that you have the above-mentioned files downloaded. The steps mentioned below in the same sequence have to be followed in order to enable the VoLTE/VoWiFi on your Asus Rog Phone II.
1st Step: Go into “Setting Properties”
Firstly install the Asus VoLTE app from the above-stated section. Proceed by opening the app and by tapping to it to enable VoLTE. By doing this you will allow setting certain properties to work in the background of your device that will force enable the VoLTE feature.
Thought for any reason if you do not want to use the app you most certainly can also run the commands that have been presented below in an adb shell representation:
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1
Yet, if unable to set these properties and have reverted back to the stock firmware the moment you flashed the mbn file. As an outcome of this, you have no root anymore, though you have another method that can be applied by entering the below-mentioned code into the dialer:
The moment you enter the code most immediately your screen will clear out and you will not be able to affirm if the command has been executed successfully or no since no output will be presented. Further, go in Settings> Mobile Network and turn your mobile data “off” and then back “on”. By doing this now you certainly should see the VoLTE or VoWiFi icon that will be visible in the status bar.
2nd Step: Use the Efs Tool
Prior to using the Efs tools, ensure that you have the QPST close or then a conflict will arise amongst the proper functioning of the tool. The reason to ensure this is because two clients can not simultaneously be connected.
- Once done, proceed ahead to extract and unzip the Efs Tool by opening the “Command Prompt Window”. Further, apply the cd command to alter the directory and place it from where you extracted the tool.
- Now it depends on how you connect to the DIAG. Since you will require altering changes as well as modifying the “EfsTool.exe.config” file, respectively. For instants if you connect via a USB, you will not have much to do ahead as the tool will automatically find its way to the port.
- Or, if you connect through the wifi it is crucial to change the port to 2500 and have it remote to true. As a result, the command should look like the representation presented below:
<efstool port=”2500″ remote=”true” baudrate=”38400″ password=”FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF” spc=”000000″/>
- Lastly, to test/ check the connection you can run the below-mentioned command on the CMD Window:
- In case you face any hindrances or errors, try rebooting the device or then once again try the above-mentioned steps.
3rd Step: Disable mcfg
Now you can go ahead and extract the efs.zip and place it in the same directory where the EfsTool resides. Make sure that the “mcfg_autoselect_by_uim” file is already present. Further, open the CMD Window and enter both the commands that have been mentioned below in the very same sequence:
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1
4th Step: Writing MBN
Before you proceed to this step, for all those who have downloaded the Xiaomi Mi 9T MBNs zip files it is important at this point to move it to the EfsTool directory.
- At this point, you can go ahead and find the mbn for your specific carrier. The structure of the directory should be the same as per this line:
- Next, copy the mcfg_sw.mbn file to the directory and place it where the EfsTools.exe resides.
- Then, open the Command Prompt and type the given command:
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
- And if you also desire for it to work on your second SIM slot, enter this command:
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1
- At this point, you will witness the output and surely that also without having encountered any errors. Finally, all you have to do now is reboot your device and once it is booted, the functionalities of VoLTE/VoWiFi should be entirely functional on your Asus Rog Phone II.
With each step briefed in detail the guide concludes, on how you can enable VoWiFi / VoLTE on Asus Rog Phone 2. Hopefully, this extract has proven to be of assistance in making the daunting task much easier for you via the step by step instructions provided in this content.