Download G955FXXU4CRI5 September 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy S8 Plus [SM-G955F]: Samsung has started rolling out the latest Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware for Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F. Galaxy S8 Plus users can now download G955FXXU4CRI5 Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware. The new firmware comes with September 2018 security patches. This firmware update brings the most recent security patch from Google with September month, 2018. We suggest you upgrade your device to this G955FXXU4CRI5 Android 8.0.0 Oreo stock firmware. You can navigate to OTA (Over-the-air) update system / Samsung KIES to upgrade your device or follow the given guide for manual instructions.
Samsung announced the Galaxy S8 Plus with top-notch hardware that brings 6.2 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels. Galaxy S8 Plus comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection display. This smartphone is available in 64GB/128GB internal memory. Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus features 12MP rear camera and 8MP front shooting camera. Galaxy S8 Plus is powered with Exynos 8895 Octa-core SoC and 6GB/4GB of RAM. This phone has a non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery and running on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box.
Keep in mind that G955FXXU4CRI5 is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo on Galaxy S8 Plus. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install G955FXXU4CRI5 Android 8.0.0 Oreo September 2018 Security Patch.
This guide containing the G955FXXU4CRI5 Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy S8 Plus only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
G955FXXU4CRI5 Android 8.0.0 Oreo Firmware Detail
- Device Name: Galaxy S8 Plus
- Model Number: SM-G955F
- Baseband Version: G955FXXU4CRI5
- Security Patch Level: 01.09.2018
- Android OS: 8.0
AndroidBlog.gs will not liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus during or after the installation of Android 8.0.0 Oreo. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S8 Plus, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S8 Plus USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S8 Plus is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download G955FXXU4CRI5 Android 8.0.0 Oreo:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S8 Plus SM-J106M via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S8 Plus SM-J106M via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If a new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Update Galaxy S8 Plus to G955FXXU4CRI5 September 2018 Security Patch: (Android 8.0.0 Oreo Stock Firmware)
1:– First, download G955FXXU4CRI5 Security Patch and Odin v3.09 for Galaxy S8 Plus on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S8 Plus in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S8 Plus. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S8 Plus will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully installed G955FXXU4CRI5 Android 8.0.0 Oreo on Galaxy S8 Plus firmware update.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.