Android 8.0 Oreo is now live for Google Pixel XL. You can now install the latest 8.0 Oreo on Pixel XL smartphone using Factory Image manually. Here, we have given the direct link to download System Image (Factory Image) and a step-by-step guide that how install Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image on Google Pixel XL. Once the phone is upgraded to 8.0 Oreo, you can find some amazing features like picture-in-picture mode which allows for using multiple windows at once. So you will experience the faster and more efficient Android OS. So if you have decided to update your Pixel XL then by following the given guide your phone will be updated to Android 8.0 Oreo immediately. Keep in mind that the bootloader of your device should be unlocked as you cannot flash a Factory Image on your phone with a locked bootloader.
While installing thea official Stock Android 8.0 Oreo build Factory Image, all your existing data will be wiped from your Google Pixel XL so it is highly recommended to make a complete backup of all your required files before proceeding. In case anything goes wrong, you’ll be able to restore your data back. Now go ahead and follow the given instructions carefully.
Please note that the factory image in this guide is working only with Google Pixel XL devices. Do not try to install it on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of your existing data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
if the Developer Options menu is hidden, then you have to unhide it: go to Settings> About Phone and here you need to tap seven times on the Firmware Build Number text. Go back to Settings, as Developer Options menu should now be listed there. Find USB Debugging and enable it.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlock option.
- The bootloader should be unlocked.
- The battery level of your Nexus 5 should be at least about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
SETUP Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers (Platform-Tools) on PC:
Download the Platform-Tools and ADB drivers setup as these drivers will allow you to connect your phone with PC as without these drivers, it’s not possible to install the Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image.
- Download the Platform-tools zip using the following links below:
– for Windows computers click here. [Mirror] – for Mac OS click here. [Mirror] – for Linux click here. [Mirror]
- Simply, unzip the downloaded files from the above links and save the Platform-tools directory on the desktop of your PC.
- Leave the newly created directory or folder open.
- Download and install the Google USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Install Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image for Pixel XL:
Step 2: Now, unzip the downloaded Android 8.0 Factory Image files and copy/paste them all to Platform-Tools. Please do not extract the files any further.
Step 3: Power off the Google Pixel XL.
Step 4: Boot the Google Pixel XL in Bootloader Mode.
- Turn off your Google Pixel XL completely.
- Press and hold Volume Down+Power buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the Fastboot Mode menu loads.
- The main Fastboot Mode options will appear and you can apply any action you need to.
Step 5: Navigate to Platform-Tools directory and open a Command Prompt within the folder.
Step 6: Connect the Google Pixel XL with your PC using its USB data cable. If your drivers are correctly installed then your phone will be detected by the computer.
Step 7: You will need to unlock the bootloader and then type the given command in the command prompt.
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 8: Go to Platform-Tools directory once again and find the Flash-all.bat script. Launch it.
If you are using OS other than Windows, then run the Flash-all.sh script.
Step 9: Begin the process to flash-all.bat Android 8.0 flashing. Wait for the installation to be successfully finished.
Step 10: Once the installation is finished, you will see a confirmation message.
Step 11: Finally, unplug your phone from PC and boot it in normal mode. Your device might take about 4 to 5 minutes while booting for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image on Google Pixel XL.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding the above guide.