Flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Update on Galaxy Tab S 8.4 T700/T705
Samsung has announced the official update of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow which is now available for the T700 and T705 variants of Galaxy Tab S 8.4. If you want to install official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA update on Galaxy Tab S 8.4, then you are at the right place. The T700 variant is WiFi only while the T705 variant is LTE. Both of these variants can be updated to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow either manually or through an OTA (over-the-air). In case the OTA update isn’t working at your end, you do not need to worry about it as you always have the option to flash the stock firmware using Odin3.
Odin allows you to flash any new official firmware over both custom and stock ROMs. If you are an advanced user, and confident that you can use the Odin app to complete the update, then this is the tutorial that you should follow. Odin’s entire process will take 5-10 minutes only, so if you are interested in updating your Tab S 8.4 to Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow than follow given Instructions.
This guide containing the Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy Tab S 8.4. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the version of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be T700 and T705.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Samsung T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4 during or after the installation of Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4 will no longer belong to a rooted version once the stock firmware is installed.
- Check the battery level of your T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4; it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- VT700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4 must be running on 100% stock Android before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Update Unlocked T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 6.0.1 and Odin v3.10.7 for T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4 on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF your Galaxy Tab S 8.4 to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home + Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step No 5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step No 6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Tab S. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step No 8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
Step No 9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
Step No 10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the Galaxy Tab S will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated Samsung T700 and T705 variants Galaxy Tab S 8.4to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware update.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions regarding the above-given guide.