How to Install Android eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM on Xperia Z: The latest eXistenZ ROM is based on the Sony’s latest 10.3.1.A.2.74 firmware which is now available for Sony Xperia Z. The new ROM brings the stock look including the same experience which is provided by Sony Xperia Z1. This ROM comes with all the apps from the Xperia Z1 and its even themed after its firmware to feel that users are actually using Xperia Z1. If you want to enjoy the look of Google Pixel on your Xpera Z with Nougat 7.0. This new custom firmware comes with tons of new features. This ROM is very light and saves more battery life. Go ahead and proceed to update Sony Xperia Z to eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat custom firmware using the tutorial below.
This latest custom firmware is quite stable and brings many new useful features and fixes some common issues, other tweaks through which you can help to enhance your device’s performance. The ROM is not officially announced by Sony but just a custom ROM which is developed by third party developers. Make sure that your device is rooted and the latest version of a custom recovery like (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) already installed on your Xperia Z in order to flash the eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily and quickly update your Sony Xperia Z to the eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat custom firmware. This latest custom ROM comes with all the official Nougat features and also brings some after market features through which you can play and modify your device. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in updating Sony Xperia Z to the eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat custom firmware then go ahead and follow the given steps.
eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM Features:
- Speed Dial.
- Call recording.
- Mobile Data notification when disable removed.
- Answering Machine.
- Speaker Voice Enhancement.
- 2G only.
- National Data roaming.
- Redrawed Widget.
- Save Draft Dialog.
- Real Timestamp.
- Slide show editor.
- MMS preview.
- Long press on Quick Settings to access related setting.
- Status Bar Handle carrier label themed.
- Status Bar Notification bar glow effect themed.
- Selected recent app glow effect themed.
- Serajr Clear All recent task button.
- Navigation bar modded to allow any navigation bar size without layout problem.
- eXistenZ Weather Widget.
- eXistenZ Clock Widget.
- All Sony Widgets redrawed.
- Layout adapted to 36 DPI Navigation Bar.
- White theming.
- Reboot options.
- eXistenZ Icons changing according to theme accent.
- eXistenZ small app Calculator.
- Unlock Hint removed from Lockscreen.
- All Home Widgets usable on Lockscreen.
- Working TimeShift with latest Honami libs.
- eXistenZ settings.
- Performance control.
- Xposed framework.
- SeraJR restart systemUI.
- Gravity Box.
- App OPS.
- All settings themed.
- Text selection Options.
- Text Highlights.
- Selection Dialog Box.
- Time and Day pickers.
- Status bar rounded corners.
- Navigation bar rounded corners.
- List section Dividers.
- List section Titles.
- Progress Bars.
- Buttons Checks (with animation).
- Buttons Radios (with animation).
- Buttons Defaults.
- Buttons Toggles.
- Buttons Stars.
- Power menu.
This guide containing eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM is working with Sony Xperia Z only. Verify device model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage occurred to your Sony Xperia Z during or after the installation of this eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM. You will lose the warranty of your device by flashing this software. Proceed at your risk.
- Take a complete backup of all your data and setting on your phone like contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, internet settings, installed apps, photos and audio/videos files, etc.
- Turn OFF the Antivirus and other security features from your computer to avoid unexpected issues while downloading the firmware and installation.
- Download and install Sony Xperia Z USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your Xperia Z by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- (Note: – Go to Settings – About Phone and tap on Built Number for a few times to enable Developer Options)
- The battery level of your Xperia Z should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- The Xperia Z device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery pre-installed.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z to eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM:
1: – First, download eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z from the above link on the desktop of your computer.
2: – Extract boot.img from the zip file separately.
3: – Connect and mount your Sony Xperia Z USB memory on your PC via its USB data cable.
4: – Transfer the downloaded 7.0 ROM zip file to the root folder of your phone memory / SD card.
5: – Now, move the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
6: – Then turn OFF your phone.
7: – Next, boot your device into Bootloader Mode. To do so, turn ON the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up button while connecting it again with the USB cable. Your phone LED will turn blue and it will get into the Bootloader Mode.
8: – While your Z is now in Fastboot mode, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory (on your computer) and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
9: – Type the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
10: – Then, type the following command and press Enter.
11: – Next, boot your phone into Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons a few times when you see the LED light turn pink or any other color. You can also follow this guide on How to Enter Recovery Mode on Any Android Phone.
12: – While the phone is in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
13: – Navigate to the main menu of recovery and tap on the ‘Install’ button. Choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3 from the list.
14: – On the next screen swipe on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option to confirm installation. The installation will begin.
15: – Once the installation completes, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
16: – Reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your phone may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed eXistenZ Ultra Edition Android 7.0 Nougat custom ROM on Xperia Z.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding the above guide.