EMUI 10.1 Public Beta Testings (15 Huawei Devices): Huawei is a Chinese tech giant and it’s smartphones have been successful throughout the mobile phone market. Recently, the mobile phone company dropped another bombshell with its new EMUI update, which was released in March, along with the unveiling of the new Huawei P40 series. The latest EMUI 10.1 update is predicated upon the Android 10.
What is EMUI?
EMUI was originally known as the Emotion User Interface or simply as Emotion UI. It is a custom based user interface developed and created by Huawei for it’s Android Mobile phones. An alternate, re-branded version of this is the Magic UI, which is available on Huawei’s Honor devices.
The Public Beta Announcement
Huawei made the announcement that owners of various Huawei phones should be ready to receive the EMUI 10.1 update. Following the events of the launch of the recent Huawei Nova 7 series, the company officially announced the list of the names of the devices that are going to receive the update. Originally, the entitled devices were 22 in number, but now the mobile phone company has officially started public EMUI 10.1 beta testings on 15 of the devices.
EMUI 10.1 Public Beta Huawei Devices
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei-Mate 20 RS
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei-Nova 5 Pro
- Huawei MediaPad M6 8.4-Inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 10.8-Inch
- Huawei MediaPad M6 Turbo Edition
Magic UI 3.1 Public Beta Honor devices
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 9X (EMUI 10.1)
- Honor 9X Pro (EMUI 10.1)
Huawei originally began closed beta testing on a number of Huawei and Honor devices in March. Now, the above-mentioned devices are being tested publicly in the native country of the tech giant i.e. China.
Features of the Huawei EMUI 10.1 Public Beta Update
The new EMUI 10.1 update brings out multiple new features which are amazing! Below, are listed some of the major traits that the update features:
- MeeTime Communication: It ensures safe and secure collaboration between Huawei users with high quality and High Definition streamed videos. It’s the simplicity of use and it’s mind-blowing features made it an instant hit.
- Multi-Screen Collaboration: This new feature allows users to effortlessly connect their phones to their computers. Once both the devices are connected, users can easily control both the devices simultaneously with a keyboard and a mouse, and along with that, they can also transfer files between both the devices seamlessly. Furthermore, it also means that you can mirror your mobile phone’s screen onto a device with a larger screen.
- Huawei Share: Didn’t users demand an app like airdrop on Huawei phones? Well, this is it! Although this feature was originally released in the EMUI 8.1 update, the EMUI 10.1 updates the app and enables the extremely fast and effortless transfer of files between multiple Huawei phones, tablets, and other ODM devices.
- Cast + Wireless Projection: Huawei Cast+ improved projection technology delivers smooth projection results because of the resilience to network instability. Due to low latency performance, you could even connect your phone to a Bluetooth gaming controller to enjoy the experience of using a console.
- Sound Booster: This feature is for when you need your phone’s sound to be heard in a large room or you need to amplify its sound. Furthermore, this feature also lets you connect your phone to earbuds to make the sound clear as crystal.
- Gallery: EMUI 10.1 new Gallery feature lets you find and share photos on multiple devices when they’re connected to the same home WiFi network.
- Voice Assistant Celia: As a counter to the Google Assistant and Apple’s Siri, Huawei introduced its own voice assistant known as Celia. This feature lets you conduct multiple tasks without using your hands. It can be activated by holding the home button or by saying “Hey Celia!”.
- Multi-Window: This feature lets you use two apps in an instant. You can drag and drop images, text, or even files across multi-windows. When you’re gaming or watching a video, you can reply to messages in a floating window without quitting current Apps.
How to check if the beta is available on your mobile phone
First of all, you need to download the new beta app on your Huawei phone.
Then, you need to follow these simple steps listed below, to check if the EMUI 10.1 public beta update is available on your mobile phone.
- Open the downloaded application and access the private/personal section.
- You will see an icon referred to as Join Project.
- If the EMUI 10.1 is available, it would be present in the list of Available Projects.
- After that, you are required to click on the Register button.
- At that time, you should receive the public beta version.
The fact that Huawei devices are receiving the EMUI 10.1 public beta version update suggests that the update will be soon released on the global platform.