Here we have given the direct links to download Odin Flash tool for Samsung Galaxy devices. If you have an Android smartphone and want to flash a custom recovery, stock firmware or root package on your Samsung device then Odin tool is the first thing that comes in mind. Below, you can find the latest Odin3 3.13.1 version which is now available for download and older versions of the Odin Tool as well.
Samsung developed Odin Flash Tool which is used to flash firmware Android-based smartphones and tablets. You may already know that Odin tool is leaked to the public and freely available for end-users as it used by the manufacturer in the service centers. As mentioned, you can use Odin tool flash custom recoveries like CWM, TWRP, stock firmware or updates on Samsung phones. This tool allows you to install official/unofficial firmware without any restriction.
Download Odin Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy Devices
Proceed to know some of the most common uses of Odin flashing tool. As OTA (over-the-air) updates are rolling out in a phase-wise manner globally, Odin enables you to manually install stock firmware updates that are not yet released in the specified area or region. You can root the Samsung device by flashing the root packages like SuperSU. Installing stock Samsung firmware via Odin will not trip the KNOX counter. Check out some of the highlighted features before proceeding to download Odin flash tool.
- You can flash stock firmware on Galaxy smartphones/tablets.
- Gain root access on your Samsung Device by installing Root Packages like SuperSU
- Easily flash custom kernels to enhance the performance and battery life of your phone.
- Flash custom recovery like TWRP and ClockWorkMod.
These were some of the advantages and features of this handy tool. In the given guide, we’ll tell you how to download Odin flash tool. After downloading, follow the given steps to install it on your Windows-based computer.
Download Odin Flash Tool (All Versions)
We strongly recommend you to download the latest Odin3 3.13.1 version. You can also download the correct version in case you are using an older Android version.
PrinceComsyModifiedODIN.zip For the latest Samsung Galaxy devices (Note 8)
Odin3_v3.13.1.zip (Latest version)
Odin3_v3.11.1.zip (For Marshmallow firmware)
Odin3_v3.10.7.zip (For Marshmallow firmware)
Odin3_v3.09.zip (For KitKat/JellyBean firmware)
Odin3_v1.85.zip (For Ice Cream Sandwich and Gingerbread firmware)
- Please note that you can use Odin tool to flash firmware and files on Samsung Android phones only.
- Odin is working on only Windows-based computers.
- Download latest Samsung USB driver and install it on your PC.
- Make sure that Samsung Kies software is not running while using Odin tool.
- Following are some of the trusted sources that you can use to download the stock firmware for your device.
How to Install Odin Flash Tool on Windows PC
1: Download Odin Flash tool zip from the above links on your PC according to the Android version.
2: Unzip the downloaded Odin zip file on your computer.
3: Open the extracted folder “Odin3_v3.13.1”.
4: Download and Install your Samsung USB Drivers
Click here download Samsung USB Drivers. With an intention to assist your computer in recognizing your Samsung device, you will need to install the compatible drivers according to your device model.
5: Samsung Firmware Download
If you own the Samsung device, there is a great chance for you to find the latest firmware for your Smartphone quite easily. However, downloading the firmware from an untrusted site can be a bit risky. Search for your device model on this site to download Stock Firmware.
6: Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock
Enable USB Debugging and (If applicable) Enable OEM unlock:
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Under Developer options, look for Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
7: Boot your Samsung Galaxy Device into download mode
Boot your Samsung Galaxy device into Download mode:
- First Power off your device.
- Press “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Now, press Volume Up to accept and boot into Download mode.
7: Open the Odin Tool on your PC.
8: Connect your Phone to PC
Once you have connected your phone to the PC, you will see an option named as ID: COM. It will turn blue in Odin Tool if your device gets recognized.
9: Transfer the Samsung firmware file to Odin
- Extract the downloaded ZIP file you will see the files in the format of “.tar.md5”.
- Now, click on AP in Odin and select the .tar.md5 firmware file.
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
10: Start Flashing the Samsung firmware with Odin
After you have loaded the firmware in Odin, Press the Start button located at the bottom of the screen to start the process of flashing.
11: Finishing the Installation process of Stock Firmware
If you have correctly followed the above process with the correct firmware files and compatible Odin version, you will not see any error messages. The process will take a few minutes, and you will see a message saying “PASS” on a green color background. After that, the device will reboot automatically and should be running on a new firmware.
Note that Odin only supports files with “.tar“ and “.tar.md5“ extensions.
These were the complete steps to download Odin Flash Tool for Samsung Galaxy devices and install it on Windows.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.