You can now download and install MIUI 10 Global Stable firmware update on Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 4. Xiaomi is busy in rolling out MIUI 10 for its various smartphones over the last few months and many have received the latest MIUI 10 firmware update in December. Now the time is to upgrade Xiaomi Redmi 3S and the Xiaomi Redmi 4. So if you have these devices then go ahead and follow the given guide to download MIUI 10 Global stable for these devices.
The new MIUI 10 comes with improved system stability and the updates are Android 6.0 Marshmallow based. Below, you can download the recovery ROMs and fastboot ROMs from the given links. You may know that Recovery ROMs can be sideloaded by MIUI Updater in the phone settings or with TWRP. Secondly, we’ll use MiFlash Tool to flash Fastboot ROMs. Follow these instructions to download MIUI 10 Stable Firmware Update for Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 4.
Before proceeding to the installation process, make a complete back up important data as the update installation may delete apps and data.
Let’s take a look at how you can get the MIUI 10 update on the Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4.
How To Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3S and Redmi 4:
As we have mentioned before that there are two different methods to flash this firmware. The first method uses the local updater option within the Settings app.
To install, follow any of the two guides below, although the simplest one is Method 1, that uses the local updater option within the Settings app. Method 2 requires an unlocked bootloader, which voids the warranty of the device. We would recommend you to use the Method #1. Go ahead and follow the given guide to Install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi 3S and Redmi 4.
|Xiaomi Redmi 3S||Xiaomi Redmi 4|
|Android||Android 6.0||Android 6.0|
Method 1: Using System Update Menu (Local Update)
1. First, download the System ROM recovery update file from the above link on your PC.
2. Connect your device using its USB data cable.
3. Move the update file to your Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4.
4. Open the Settings app, and tap on About phone.
5. Tap on System update.
6. Tap on 3-dot menu button in the top right.
7. Tap on Choose update package.
8. Browse and select the update file that you have already downloaded. After selecting the file, the system will install it automatically after verifying the update.
9. Do confirm to allow installation when it asks for confirmation.
Method 2: Using Fastboot
If due to some reasons, the method does not work, you can use the following method to install it using the fastboot method.
1. All you need to unlock the bootloader of your Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4 first.
2. Download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool.
3. Now, download the fastboot update file from the above link. Make sure that the downloaded file ends with .tgz extension (not .zip).
4. Power OFF Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4 and press the Volume + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Fastboot Mode.
5. Connect your Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4 to your PC using its USB data cable.
6. Double click on the downloaded ROM file and Extract it.
7. Open the file folder for the extracted package and copy its path on your PC.
8. Extract the MIUI ROM flashing tool downloaded in Step 2.
9. Double click on it to install MIUI ROM flashing tool on your PC.
10. Once the installation process completes, open MiFlash.exe file.
11. In its address bar, paste the folder path of the ROM file you copied above.
12. Click on the yellow circled-out button to refresh. MiFlash will automatically recognize your Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4.
13. Click the red circled-out button to flash the ROM file to the phone.
Wait for the process to complete. As the progress bar inside MiFlash turns fully green, indicates that the new system update is successfully installed on Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4 will reboot automatically and you have the update running. These were the methods to download and install MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or trouble while installing MIUI 10 on Xiaomi Redmi 3S/4.