Download JOdin3 for Mac OSX: In this guide, we’ll tell you that how to download and install Odin (JOdin3) for MAC OSX. Being an advanced Android user, you may already know about Odin. Odin3 is an official Samsung flashing tool. This tool is specially developed by Samsung to flash firmware, recoveries, bootloaders or modem files on Samsung Galaxy devices. Odin is a Windows-based tool but Mac OSX users will be happy to know that they can now Install JOdin3 For MAC very easily. Now go ahead and follow the given guide to download JOdin3 for Mac OSX.
All credit goes to the Adam Outler (famous XDA developer), he has ported Odin3 to MAC and named it as JOdin3. JOdin3 works with Heimdell, that was previously available for MAC. And now MAC users can do perform various tasks very easily with JOdin3. There is nothing complicated, this process is very simple and safe. Follow the given guide to Download JOdin3 for MAC OSX and a detailed guide on how to install JOdin3.
What is Odin?
As we have already mentioned that Samsung developed Odin flashing tool officially to flash stock ROMs, modem files, recoveries, and firmware etc on Samsung devices. Also, you can use this amazing and handy tool to unroot, unbrick and return back to stock firmware just in a few clicks. In case your Samsung device is soft-bricked while performing any operation then Odin will help. You can easily restore your device to complete stock firmware by flashing stock firmware using Odin3. Proceed to the given guide to download and install Odin (JOdin3) For MAC OSX.
Please keep in mind that you cannot use JOdin3 to flash large files such as flashing the firmware files (too large).
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Samsung device by navigating to Settings > Developer Options. Or you can also follow this guide to Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging Options.
- Ensure that you do not have Samsung Kies installed on your MacBook.
- Download and install the latest version of Java on your MAC OSX from this link.
- Download and install Heimdall on your MAC OSX from here.
- Connect your device with MacBook via USB cable.
Download JOdin3 for Mac OSX (Direct Download Links)
You can use JOdin3 flashing tool on Mac OSX with two ways:
1. Download the Offline Version
2. Use it Online
How to Use / Install Odin (JOdin3) For MAC OSX:
1. First, download the offline version of JOdin3 from the above-given link. You can also access the online JOdin3 on your MacBook.
2. Run the jOdin3 (Offline / Online). Once you open the jOdin3, tap on “PDA” tab.
3. Now, locate the required .tar.md5 file that you want to flash on your Samsung smartphone or tablet.
4. Next, boot your Samsung device into Download Mode.
Bootloader Mode: Turn OFF your phone and Turn it ON by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons at the same time. Connect the phone to MacBook using its USB data cable.
5. All you need to Uncheck all the options in JOdin3 except Auto-Reboot option.
6. Finally, click the “Start” button to initiate the flashing process. JOdin3 will ask you for PIT file of your device.
7. Just follow the on-screen instructions.
8. Your Samsung device will automatically reboot, once flashing is done.
That’s All! These were the easy steps to download JOdin3 for MAC OSX.