The latest J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware is now available for the Samsung for Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM. Samsung rolled out this new firmware with August 2018 security patches. You can download J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware from below to update manually. Also if your Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM is still running on Android 7.0 Nougat then use this J730FMXXU4BRI3 firmware to update it to Android 8.1.0 Oreo. You can navigate to OTA (Over-the-air) update system / Samsung KIES to upgrade your device to update your Galaxy J7 2017. But if you have not yet received the OTA notification then follow the given guide.
Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 is an amazing smartphone which is popular among the selfie lovers. This phone comes with a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. Galaxy J7 2017 has an Exynos 7870 Octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM. Galaxy J7 is available with 16GB internal memory. This phone features a 13MP rear camera and 13MP front shooting camera. The smartphone running on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and packed with a non-removable Li-Ion 3600 mAh battery.
Keep in mind that J730FMXXU4BRI3 is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to install Android 8.1.0 Oreo on Galaxy J7 2017. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo August 2018 Security Patch.
This guide containing the J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy J7 2017 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo Firmware Detail
- Device Name: Galaxy J7 2017
- Model Number: SM-J730FM
- Baseband Version: J730FMXXU4BRI3
- Security Patch Level: 01.08.2018
- Android OS: 8.1
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 during or after the installation of Android 8.1.0 Oreo. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy J7 2017, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy J7 2017 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy J7 2017 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo Firmware:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If a new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Update Galaxy J7 2017 to J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo:
1:– First, download J730FMXXU4BRI3 Security Patch and Odin v3.09 for Galaxy J7 2017 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy J7 2017 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy J7 2017. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy J7 2017 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM
In case your Galaxy J7 2017 SM-J730FM stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follow the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install J730FMXXU4BRI3 Android 8.1.0 Oreo on Galaxy J7 2017. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.