You can now download the latest Android 9.0 Pie for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 (GSI). Xiaomi released Mi MIX 2 in 2017, at a budget price. This device is packed with the Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835, Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo) CPU and Adreno 540 GPU and 8GB of RAM. Mi Mix 2 has a Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery. This mid-range smartphone comes with 5.99-inch Full HD display with 1080×2160 resolution.
The new Android 9.0 installation is possible on Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is using Havoc OS ROM. It’s a custom ROM which is very close to stock and it is based on AOSP. Google released the Android 9.0 Pie update for Android and the Pixel devices received the final stable updates. The current Version is Havoc V2 GSI 20181027 that brings many important features like more network modes support to LTE tile, a One-handed mode in button actions, option to select Default GPU renderer, Battery percent on lock screen etc. Go ahead to download and install Havoc OS Pie ROM On Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 (GSI).
All credit goes to the senior member mountaser halak over XDA for developing and sharing the Android 9.0 Pie-based Havoc OS ROM for Xiaomi Mi MIX 2. Many users have tested the ROM and found it very stable. Therefore, Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 users can use this ROM as a daily driver. Now follow the given guide to Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 (Android 9.0). Here is the official link and more information about the ROM.
- System-wide Rounded UI
- Full OMS support
- System-wide burn-in protection
- Spectrum support
- Compiled using SDCLANG
- Razer Phone lock/unlock sounds
- OTA support
- Signature spoofing
- Micro-G support
- Google Calculator
- Google Markup
- Lean Launcher
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage occurred to your device while following this guide, proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Make sure that the bootloader of your phone is unlocked and your device is rooted.
- Also, the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP should be installed on your phone.
- Ensure that the battery level of your phone is more than 60% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
- Download For GSI ARM64 AB
- Download For GSI ARM64 Aonly
- Official GApps for Havoc OS Pie ROM ROMs
- Download latest Magisk supports Android Pie
Install Havoc OS Pie ROM On Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 – Android 9.0 Pie Update
- First of all, download the required files from the above links and unzip them on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone with PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded files to the root folder of the internal storage of your device.
- Next, reboot your device to the TWRP recovery.
- Go back to the main menu of TWRP and wipe cache, data, and system before flashing the ROM
Note: To perform Wipe data: Navigate to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe.
- Now go back to the TWRP main menu and install the GSI ROM which is just a system image.
- Navigate to Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- Similarly, flash the Google Apps (Gapps) file like custom ROMs by following this guide.
- After that, if you want to root your device then you can flash Magisk by following this method.
Install Havoc OS ROM on Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Using ADB and Fastboot
- Download and install ADB and fastboot on your computer.
- Copy/paste the GSI system .img file to the ADB folder.
- Connect your device to the computer and boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Type the following command in Windows power shell and hit Enter to flash the ROM.
"fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
Once the flashing process completes, reboot your device and your device will boot into Android 9.0 Pie based Havoc OS ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions.