The Oneplus 3 and Oneplus 3T has recently received their official Android 8.0 Oreo update from Oneplus. Oneplus has also released the Oreo beta update for its 201 7 flagship device, Oneplus 5. The latest OxygenOS firmware update is now available for many Oneplus 5 users from their open beta update program but if you still haven’t received the latest Oreo update from the Oneplus, we have a complete guide to install it on your Oneplus 5. The methods are listed below guide will help you in downloading the firmware and installing it on your smartphone.
There are some of the major system changes in Oreo Beta
- Updated to Android O
- Parallel Apps
- Picture in Picture
- Smart text selection
- New fast settings style
- October updated security patch.
- Addition of notification dots
- Now you can upload pictures shot directly on Oneplus
- The new design of application folder.
As we know that it is a beta version so you may face some minor bugs in this firmware. These beta versions are not so firm as compared to the official updates of Oneplus. Installing this beta build will not void your warranty but may cause some problems so be careful before installing this update as you will be responsible for any case of issue.
After installing the Oreo beta build update, you will get further Open Beta updates but you will not receive other stable updates to receive those updates you will need to reinstall the stable firmware.
You May Also Like:
Lastly to install this beta build on your Oneplus 5, first you have to unlock its bootloader.
Here we are going to give you a guide which you can follow to install Beta update of Android Oreo on your Oneplus 5
Steps to Install Android Oreo Beta on Oneplus 5:
- First of all, you have to download the Oneplus 5 Beta ROM (which you can download from the download section) and send it to the internal storage of your Oneplus 5.
- Do not extract this .zip file now.
- Then you have to turn OFF your Oneplus 5 and reboot your device in the recovery mode.
- You can perform this action by turning it ON while pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time and your device will reboot into recovery mode.
- In the recovery mode choose the language you want and then just select the option Install from internal storage or install from local.
- Now you have to find the ROM which you have downloaded earlier and select it after choosing the install option.
- The firmware will install on your smartphone and it will reboot after the process of installing.