Download A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo for Galaxy A5 (2017) [SM-A520F]: Samsung rolled out the new Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware in various countries. Samsung has started rolling out the latest Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware for Galaxy A5 (2017) SM-J610G. Galaxy A5 (2017) users can now download A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware for their devices to taste the sweetness of Oreo. The new firmware comes with August 2018 security patches. We suggest you upgrade your device to this A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo stock firmware. You can navigate to OTA (Over-the-air) update system / Samsung KIES to upgrade your device. But if you have not yet received the OTA notification then follow the given guide.
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) comes with top-notch hardware like a 5.2 inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. The display comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. This phone is available in 32GB and 64GB (internal memory). Galaxy A5 (2017) has an Exynos 7880 Octa-core SoC and 3GB RAM. Galaxy A5 (2017) brings 16MP rear camera and 16MP front shooting camera. The phone packed with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery and running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
Keep in mind that A520FXXU6CRH1 is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo on Galaxy A5 (2017). So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo August 2018 Security Patch.
This guide containing the A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy A5 (2017) only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo Firmware Detail
Details of the Firmware :
- Device Name: Galaxy A5 2017
- Model Number: SM-A520F
- Baseband Version: A520FXXU6CRH1
- Security Patch Level: 01.08.2018
- Android OS: 8.0
AndroidBlog.gs will not liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017) during or after the installation of Android 8.0.0 Oreo. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy A5 (2017), in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy A5 (2017) USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy A5 (2017) is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy A5 (2017) SM-J610G via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy A5 (2017) SM-J610G via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If a new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Update Galaxy A5 (2017) to A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo:
1:– First, download A520FXXU6CRH1 Security Patch and Odin v3.09 for Galaxy A5 (2017) on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy A5 (2017) in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy A5 (2017). (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy A5 (2017) will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully installed A520FXXU6CRH1 Android 8.0.0 Oreo on Galaxy A5 (2017) firmware update.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.