In this guide, we will show you how you can change your default Google account on Android devices. Every Android device needs a Google account to function properly. Without a Google account, you can not use your Android phone properly. Logging in to or creating a new Google account is an integral part of the initial setup that you are required to do on a new device. Although you can create multiple Google accounts for yourself, you can only have one of them as your device’s default account.
If you use two of your Google accounts on your device, you can only set one of them as your default account. In order to change your default account, you will need to log out from the first account and then log in with the one you want to set as your default account. This way, it does sound a bit confusing. But you do not need to worry, in this guide, we will explain to you how you can easily change your default Google account on Android devices.
In this, we have mentioned the step by step process to change your default Google account on Android. You can implement these steps on any Android device and they will work flawlessly. But keep in mind that changing your default account will mean that the information on your device which is associated with your Google account, for example, messages, phone numbers, and contacts will be removed if they are not saved on your device. But you could get some of them back when you log back into your Google account.
Change Your Default Google Account on Android
Without any further wait, let’s proceed to the process. First, you will need to remove your default Google account from your device.
- First, head over to the settings app.
- Scroll down to Google and then tap on it to open it up.
- After that, you need to tap on the Down arrow beside your email address that is present under your account name.
- Next, tap on Manage accounts on this device.
- Under Accounts scroll down till you find the accounts with which you are accessing your device.
- There, you need to tap on the account that you want to remove from your device
- Finally, tap on Remove account and then confirm your choice.
Adding the Second Account
Once you have successfully removed your account, you can add the second account to make it your device’s default account.
- First, head over to the settings app, and scroll down to Google and tap on it.
- Then just as before, tap on the down arrow present beside your email address under your account name.
- Then in the popup, select Add another account
- Your device will ask for your confirmation which you can give by using a password or fingerprint.
- Then you will see the Google sign-in page.
- Log in by entering your credentials.
And that is it. This is how you change your default Google account on Android devices. We hope that you found this article helpful. Share your thoughts in the comment section below.