Here in this detailed guide, we come with the list of best custom ROMS for Galaxy Note 2. If you are the owner of Galaxy Note 2 and searching for a guide to install best custom ROMs for Galaxy Note 2. Most of the advanced users wish to flash the custom ROM on their device because there are lots of advantages of installing the custom firmware.
After installing custom ROM your device performance increases, better battery life, more stable and faster, different features and much more. In this blog, we share a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install the best custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2.
As we all know that Android is an open source OS which is allows every community to develop and Customize ROM for their phone. Given below we share the list of best custom ROMs for Galaxy Note 2. You can just download and install it by following our given below detailed guide. The smartphone comes out of the box with Android stock firmware which is limited functionalities. So if you want to have extra features added to your device or you wish to enjoy some aftermarket features. Then download and install the best custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2.
In order to install the custom firmware, your device should have unlocked bootloader and must install the latest TWRP custom recovery. The given below ROMs are stable versions and smoothly run on your device. Keep in mind before proceeding doesn’t forget to take the full backup of all your entire data. If you are interested in downloading and installing the best custom ROMS for Galaxy Note 2. Then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
NOTE: This process of Custom ROM installation is only applicable to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Do not apply it to any other incorrect variant! It is possible because you may hold some other variant/model of Samsung Galaxy Note 2 according to your region where it has been purchased.
If you are unsure about your phone’s model, you can check it as Phone Settings> tap on About Device / About Phone and note down what is written under the model number. If the model number is G920F then go ahead, otherwise not.
WARNING: We, the team AndroidBlog.gs, shall not responsible in case of any damage if occurs to your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 during or after the installation of this Custom ROM. Kindly, proceed at your own risk!
Steps To Be Followed Before The Installation Process:
Need a Backup:
All your data on the phone can be wiped out while installing this best Custom ROM, just like a brand new phone. And of course, you do not want this happen. To be on the safe side, you need a proper backup for your device. Many resources are available for such backup procedures of your phone’s contacts, messages, audios, videos, other important official files, etc. These include the Gapps (Google apps for backups), Nandroid recovery, Samsung KIES to name a few.
Need for installing USB Drivers on your PC:
You have to make sure that you have installed the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB Drivers on your computer properly.
Need for USB Debugging Mode:
You need to enable the USB Debugging Mode if you are facing any problems connecting your Android phone to the computer. For this go to Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging Option.
Need of at least 70% Charge:
You need to keep your phone charged at least 70% because if your phone goes off during the installation process, your phone can go dead forever or it might get bricked. You do not want this right? Thus, keep your phone charged!
- Flyme 6 OS ROM
- Lineage OS 14.1 ROM
- AOSPExtended ROM
- ViperOS ROM
- Resurrection Remix ROM.
- AOKP based ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps To Install Best Custom ROMs For Galaxy Note 2 Custom Firmware:
- Download “ROM” and “Google apps” on the desktop of your computer from the above-given links.
- Using the USB cable, connect and mount your “Samsung Galaxy Note 2 USB Memory” to your PC.
- Now copy/paste the already downloaded files of “ROM” and “Gapps” in zipped from the computer to your phone. These zipped files should be in the root folder of the memory card.
- Now switch your phone OFF and disconnect it from the computer.
- Switch ON your phone while pressing and holding Volume UP + Hold + Power buttons together to get into the recovery mode.
- Once you have entered into the “TWRP recovery”, by pressing the Wipe button, perform a full data wipe. Then on the “Swipe To Factory Reset” option at the bottom, swipe it.
- Press the install button in the main menu, select the zipped file from the list that you copied to your phone memory.
- By swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen, confirm installation, the installation procedure should get a start now.
- The above steps should be repeated to flash “Google apps” zipped files as well.
- Now you can reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after flashing a new “ROM”. Please be patient.
This is all! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.