OnePlus started rolling out the latest official April 2020 security patch for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. The most recent update brings the OxygenOS 10.5.7 and OxygenOS 10.5.8 official OTA update for both devices. So if you are the users of one of these smartphones, then now you can upgrade your device to the latest April 2020 security update. The latest security update comes with lots of improvements, customizations, many bug fixes, and much more. We all know that OnePlus is one of the best Android manufacturing company because it timely providing the official update and releasing the security updates timely.
Now the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro started getting the OxygenOS 10.5.7 and OxygenOS 10.5.8 official OTA update. The OxygenOS 10.5.7 and OxygenOS 10.5.8 update comes with some new features, many improvements such as Enable 5G for Telia Norway, stability and compatibility of Bluetooth connection, Optimized touch, interaction experience, increase performance, stability of Wi-Fi and so on.
Also, given below we share the official changelog of OxygenOS 10.5.7 and OxygenOS 10.5.8 April 2020 security patch for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. OnePlus started rolling out the latest official update via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If you are excited and can’t wait for the OTA update, then you can upgrade your device manually. Given below we share the direct link of full update and OTA file link. You can download it from that link and install it on your device. Now go to the downloading portion and follow the given instructions.
OxygenOS 10.5.7& 10.5.8 Official Changelog:
- Optimized touch and interaction experience
- Improved power consumption performance of the system
- Improved the video playing effect when in low brightness (8 Pro only)
- Improved system stability and fixed general issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.04
- Improved stability and compatibility of Bluetooth connection
- Optimized the HDR video effect (8 Pro only)
- Improved the shooting experience with Camera and improved stability
- Enable 5G for Telia Norway (8 Pro EU only)
- Improved the performance and stability of Wi-Fi
- Improved the stability of communication
- Optimized network latency for online games and improved the smoothness
This guide containing the Oxygen OS 10.5.7 and 10.5.8 update can be used for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro USB Drivers
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
OnePlus 8 Pro
- Europe (IN11BA) – OxygenOS 10.5.8
- International (IN11AA) – OxygenOS 10.5.8
- Full OTA
- Incremental OTA from 10.5.6
- India (IN11DA) – OxygenOS 10.5.8
Steps to Flash April 2020 Security Patch For OnePlus 8 And OnePlus 8 Pro:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 10.5.7 and 10.5.8 official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 10.5.7 and 10.5.8 update on OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro.