Recently Google has released the Android 11 beta version for Google Pixel devices. After just releasing the OnePlus started rolling out the Android 11 beta for Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro via OTA official update. Oppo and Xiaomi announced that their devices will get the Android 11 OS soon. But Oneplus has become the first who has released the Android 11 beta for Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro. The OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are the first non-pixel devices that receiving the latest Android 11 update.
Now you can download and install Android 11 beta for Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro by following our given below guide. The most recent update is still based on OxygenOS 10 and comes with lots of new features, customizations, new options, various other tweaks, and much more. Also, the Android 11 beta update is packed with more control over privacy, better security, added in new functionality, improved controls over existing features, and much more.
So this is a great opportunity for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro users to upgrade their devices and enjoy all the features and get the experience of Google’s latest Android OS. Given below we share a step by step guide on how to download and install Android 11 beta for Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro. This latest official update is only for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, so do not try it on other OnePlus phones. Follow the given below instructions carefully because anything may wrong can brick your phone.
Keep in mind that that this is a beta version, so you can face some bugs. Given below we share the known bugs which you may face after upgrading your smartphone. But don’t worry they will be fixed in the next update. While flashing the Android 11 beta OTA update, your entire phone data will be wiped clean. So before proceeding take the backup of your phone’s important data.
List of known issues with Android 11 Beta update on the OnePlus 8 series:
- All data will be cleared while flashing the build
- Face unlock is unavailable
- Google Assistant (“OK Google”) does not work
- Video calling does not work
- Certain UI screens look less than desirable
- Some apps may not function as expected
- System stability issues
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned Android 11 beta Update can be used for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Downloads for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro:
Steps to Install Android 11 beta For OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro Official Firmware:
- First, download the latest Android 11 beta ROM upgrade zip package from the above link.
- Now, transfer the ROM upgrade package to the phone storage.
- Go to phone Settings -> System -> System Updates -> Click top right icon -> Local upgrade -> Click on the corresponding installation package -> Upgrade -> System upgrade completed to 100%.
- After the upgrade is complete, click Restart.
- Update successful.
Done! You have successfully installed the Android 11 beta for Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro official updates.