Android 10 is now live for the Samsung Galaxy M40 via the official channel. Now you can download and install the Android 10 for Galaxy M40 based One UI 2.0 update. The Android 10 was officially released last year. After that most of the Android manufacturer companies started working hard and released the Android 10 official stable update for their devices. Samsung also released the stable Android 10 for its latest flagships. Now the Samsung started rolling out the Android 10 for Galaxy M40 official update based on One UI 2.0.
So if you are the users of Samsung Galaxy M40 smartphone, then you will be glad to know that, the official Android 10 update is available for download. The Android 10 official update comes with build id number M405FDDU2BTB5 along with March 2020 security patch. The most recent update brings all the new features of Android 10, many improvements, customization and much more. Also, the update comes with improved privacy controls, smart replies, system-wide Dark Mode, Google’s new navigation gestures as an option and much more.
Here in this article, we come with a step by step guide on how to download and install the Android 10 for Galaxy M40 based One UI 2.0 update. Samsung started rolling out the latest official firmware via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If you have not yet received the Android 10 official update via OTA, then you first check manually by going to the phone Settings > Software update. Tap on the Software update, if you find the new update, then just download and install it on your device.
Otherwise, you can install it manually by following our given below detailed guide. The size of the update is about 1.7GB. Now go to the instructions portion and follow the given guide.
This guide containing the stable Android 10 firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy M40 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy M40 during or after the installation of stable Android 10. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy M40; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy M40 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy M40 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy M40 are rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for Stable Android 10:
- Install the Samsung members app from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “stable Android 10 on Galaxy M40”.
Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download stable Android 10 Firmware:
How To Install stable Android 10 For Galaxy M40 Official Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy M40 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy M40 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy M40. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy M40 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 on Galaxy M40. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.